Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 02:53 PM
bu2

24,334 posts, read 15,178,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Trump told a totally different story than what Spicer, Conway, Pence, Sanders and Rosenstein stated: Analysis | President Trump just decimated the White House, yet you still have Republicans in here trying to argue that this was done because of the Democrats (Rolling my eyes and SMDH)!!! There is no cure for ignorance.
Trump tells a different story himself every day on pretty much everything. He's very impulsive.

There's still nothing to the Russia stuff. Its a Democratic fantasy, just like the editorial in the NYT yesterday described Democratic claims that Trump will be impeached. Fantasy and near hysteria-those words from the NYT, not me.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:54 PM
bu2

Now it has an impact on Democratic turnout, but it doesn't mean its based on reality.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:10 PM

32,072 posts, read 37,094,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
I am I the only one who doesn't care about the Russians all that much?
You would probably care more if you or someone you were concerned about lived in a place subject to Russian control and influence.

Russia backs Chechnya government's denials over killing and torture of gay men | The Independent

Old 05-13-2017, 07:23 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,203,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Now it has an impact on Democratic turnout, but it doesn't mean its based on reality.
You have to admit that Comey's firing was one of the most suspiciously timed public firings in modern times.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:47 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You would probably care more if you or someone you were concerned about lived in a place subject to Russian control and influence.

Russia backs Chechnya government's denials over killing and torture of gay men | The Independent
Trump is not owned by the Russians. That is a total delusion belied by all facts.

And I have good Russian friends and friends who used to live in Russia. I know what Putin is, but I also know he is not a Soviet bent on taking over the world. His goals are much more limited. He's kind of paranoid, just like the Democrats.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:48 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
You have to admit that Comey's firing was one of the most suspiciously timed public firings in modern times.
Not at all. The media would be saying the same whenever he fired him.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:47 AM

32,072 posts, read 37,094,705 times
Quote:
Trump is not owned by the Russians. That is a total delusion belied by all facts.

And I have good Russian friends and friends who used to live in Russia. I know what Putin is, but I also know he is not a Soviet bent on taking over the world. His goals are much more limited. He's kind of paranoid, just like the Democrats.
I wasn't referring to Trump.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:00 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,408,456 times
Quote:
He's kind of paranoid, just like the Democrats.
...I think you meant Trump. If you want paranoia personified, just look at our President.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post

Trump can't win the press

Political commentators, news organizations and lawmakers on both sides had been calling for Comey's ousting for months for his bizarre, inconstant approach in conducting the sensitive investigations into Hillary Clinton's emails and then Trump's election campaign.

But now that he's gone, the media act like America just lost its favorite uncle.

Everyone is now used to the simple fact that no matter what he does, Trump cannot win the press. And that's why no one should look to it for an indication of whether he's doing anything right.

Depending on what mood the Washington media wake up in on any given day, Trump is either dumb and expected to screw up (i.e. Charles Blow wittily referring to Trump in every column as "president" in quotes) or it's, Hey, why isn't he doing everything like a normal president? Constitutional crisis!...

In the nearly four months that Trump has been in office, the public has been shaken almost daily by a national media on high alert for a catastrophe with this administration.

It didn't happen when Trump made a phone call to Taiwan, breaking decades of ever-sacred "protocol." It didn't happen when he claimed to have been surveilled by the Obama administration. It didn't happen when he fired Obama-era acting Attorney General Sally Yates.
Why should this time be any different?

Old 05-14-2017, 11:04 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,203,385 times
Quote:
Not at all. The media would be saying the same whenever he fired him.
Quote:
Trump can't win the press

Political commentators, news organizations and lawmakers on both sides had been calling for Comey's ousting for months for his bizarre, inconstant approach in conducting the sensitive investigations into Hillary Clinton's emails and then Trump's election campaign.

But now that he's gone, the media act like America just lost its favorite uncle.

Everyone is now used to the simple fact that no matter what he does, Trump cannot win the press. And that's why no one should look to it for an indication of whether he's doing anything right.

Depending on what mood the Washington media wake up in on any given day, Trump is either dumb and expected to screw up (i.e. Charles Blow wittily referring to Trump in every column as "president" in quotes) or it's, Hey, why isn't he doing everything like a normal president? Constitutional crisis!...

In the nearly four months that Trump has been in office, the public has been shaken almost daily by a national media on high alert for a catastrophe with this administration.

It didn't happen when Trump made a phone call to Taiwan, breaking decades of ever-sacred "protocol." It didn't happen when he claimed to have been surveilled by the Obama administration. It didn't happen when he fired Obama-era acting Attorney General Sally Yates.
Why should this time be any different?
Why is it that Republicans in today's world love to play the "responsibility" card against their opponents, but when ever one of their own messes up, they circle the wagons and defend them? You guys would be howling like wolves if Obama had done something like this. If Trump had nothing to hide, then he should not have fired Comey when he did. When you're president, you are going to have political enemies. Trump does not understand this concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta