Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,781,195 times

Advertisements

Cobblestone Creek is a new development. They look cute and are close to where there's a view of ATL. Good upside in my opinion but you'll probably do better getting a place off of Buckner such as Brookmere. It's an investment if you get it since Mableton is on the up and up, and for shopping and such you'll need to drive up to E-W connector or over to South Cobb Dr or Cumberland. It won't be that convenient, except for your commute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 AM

750 posts, read 2,277,283 times
I know this post is a few months old but I purchased a townhome in Cobblestone Creek recently. We actually bought a townhome that had been built and sitting in the community since November. We signed the contract in March and closed on it June 30th. The back yard overlooks a desolate looking junk yard kind of and we were told that’s why the townhome had not sold in so long but still the view from the porch is a pretty impressive view of the Atlanta and Buckhead skylines and hopefully the "junk yard" will eventually become something better. So we made a deal on the house and basically got a basement "thrown in" for free. (The original asking price was high 200's we made a deal in the low 200's and got a built out basement included).

Well we have had a hell of a time and not in a good way. We hired an independent inspector who found major issues in the hardwood flooring on the main floor. The builder agreed that there were issues (the floor was not level) and said he would fix them which involved placing 2 beams under the floor to straighten it out. Apparently they forgot to put these beams in when they build the home. Well by adding the 2 new beams it changed the layout in our basement, we have a beam splitting the main wall and it totally dismissed the cable jack that they charged us $100 to put in. Anyway they added another jack and we were still excited about the purchase although we felt there were more than should be issues on a brand new home, but they fixed alot of them in the walkthrough. Well since we moved in July 4th it's been horrible.

The first night in our home we took a shower and it flooded the main floor ruining most of the hardwood. We called the emergency numbers that were given to us multiple times and of course we got no replies from the plumbing company or builder. we went without water (I turned it off not knowing the issue) for over 12 hours and 3 days later got the builder and plumbing company out there to inspect the issue. Anyway they determined that the floor needs to be replaced again. So they sent a crew out this past Saturday who ripped up most of the hardwood and began replacing it. Previous to this we had asked if they would cover our furniture knowing how much dust and debris was about to accumulate but they said they wouldn't cover anything and they would send out a cleaning service after they were done. Well they started laying the floors and 2 guys layed it from one end and the other 2 guys from the other end and guess what it doesn't match up when they met in the middle. Anyway I am "supposed" to meet with the builder and the flooring "boss" today to figure out a solution. Supposed to being the main word because we cannot get a reply from anyone on any issues unless we call. the realtor said she would call us right back on the cleaning service Saturday night and she never did. We have had so many issues we have a 3 page letter waiting to be sent to someone in upper management.
The first day we were to move in the keys didn't fit the locks, 2 days later we got new keys for the new locks they installed yet for some reason the didn’t change the lock on the door that leads to the garage so we don’t have key for it still. We cleaned Saturday night because of the flooring, we have issues in our basement where the water seeped through the floors, we haven’t received a pool key, we had to chase down the mailbox key, no welcome basket or private residence sign yet, and no sorries for this or what can we do to make up for all the issues your having on your brand new home.

At the beginning they put in the black appliances without or consent, we wanted stainless, and then said to take them out they would have to charge us. So I have black appliances sitting in my garage that I have to sell. It's just crazy, my girlfriend has taken off a day to meet with them and now I will have close to 3 days meeting with them to try and fix these issues. Anyway this is long I know but I wanted to warn and give examples of some of the issues going on. I have never seen anything like this, I would think they would want to kiss our butts to make us happy but they want even return our phone calls on their own issues. Hopefully they make some concessions to us when we send this letter to upper
management we just don't know who that person is or where to find them.

Cobblestone Creek - The development
Mabelton Ga
McCar Homes - The builder

Last edited by JasonPaul; 07-14-2008 at 08:47 AM..

Old 07-14-2008, 09:27 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,539,910 times
Wow - that really sucks. I'd heard bad reviews about McCar, but nothing this bad. I'm really surprised they are treating you so badly, b/c they can't have that much work going on since new builds are selling at a snails pace. Maybe they are performing so bad financially that they see an "end" in sight and don't care anymore. Hard to tell. Either way, that is absolutely horrible. What caused the flooding in the main level?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 AM

750 posts, read 2,277,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Wow - that really sucks. I'd heard bad reviews about McCar, but nothing this bad. I'm really surprised they are treating you so badly, b/c they can't have that much work going on since new builds are selling at a snails pace. Maybe they are performing so bad financially that they see an "end" in sight and don't care anymore. Hard to tell. Either way, that is absolutely horrible. What caused the flooding in the main level?
That's the crazy thing though, they are selling them as fast as they can build them. they have multiple pre-sells before they have even broke ground. The development is booming, which is good for us but it's just draining how much we have dealt with. We literally have to chase them down to fix everything. I think most realtors would be kissing up and trying to fix and help the situation but they don't. The first floor toilet overflowed into the foyer/hall/kitchen area. Apparently there was something stuck in the pipes that the plumber said was soft enough for the machine to push through it but hard enough to show some resistance. So when we took a shower and used the toilet in the master bathroom it flooded out from the main floor toilet because the pipe was clogged. it ruined the floors and some of the baseboards and dripped through the floor into the basement ceiling which in turn now has watermarks and has popped some of the baseboards in the basement as well. And we got lucky that was it, if we had gone to bed after the shower and not retreated downstairs to watch tv we would have never seen it and never been as fast as we were to soak it up. I requested a camera to look in the pipes once they put the toilet back in but we will see if that happens.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM

102 posts, read 393,905 times
Anyone ever move into Waldens Crossing? Any additional info on this place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta