Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 09:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,085 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am relocating to Georgia in a few months, and I was thinking about moving to the Douglasville area because I was told that it's a quiet and peaceful area to live.. Not looking for schools because mine all graduated, maybe college or business and technical schools.. Just want to live somewhere peaceful and low crime.. But then I read that Douglasville is high crime.. Don't know what to do.. Any suggestions? What about Savannah? Thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:27 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
I know nothing about Douglasville, but as far as crime goes, I find that often an entire city or town is labeled as "high crime" when in fact it is pockets of the area that may have high crime and the other parts might be perfectly safe.

It is best to look at Crime Mapper or similar sites/resources where you can see crime rates in relation to specific addresses.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 AM

64 posts, read 133,992 times
Douglasville has changed a lot over the years. I still wouldn't consider it dangerous or anything, but many view it as a westward extension of Atlanta now based on changing demographics and higher than average crime rates.

If "quiet and peaceful" is your goal in west ga, I would look farther west to Villa Rica/Carrollton or further south around Newnan.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:40 AM

3 posts, read 5,085 times
Ok, thanks to both of you.. I appreciate it and will do.. Bama1787, I don't know much about the Atlanta area, my fiancé just moved there about 5 months ago, so when you say west ga, is west ga not that great of an area? My fiancé also mentioned Camp Springs..

Old 04-12-2016, 12:18 PM

64 posts, read 133,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogirl66 View Post
so when you say west ga, is west ga not that great of an area?.
west ga has some wonderful areas, I'm just saying that you should consider coming farther west than Douglasville if you're looking for more peace and quiet.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:14 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Default 4th Annual State of Douglasville-Douglas County Address on Wed 4/21/21

Quote:
Press release from the Douglas County government:

The Council for Quality Growth, along with the City of Douglasville, Douglas County, and the Douglas County Chamber of Commerce, is hosting the fourth annual State of Douglasville-Douglas County Address on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. This year, the in-person event will also have a virtual stream available through the homepage of the Council for Quality Growth website. The State of Douglasville-Douglas County will again be held at the Douglasville Conference Center from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., with the virtual stream beginning at 12:00 p.m.
Douglas County Goverment: Fourth Annual State Of Douglasville-Douglas County (Douglasville Patch)

Old 08-26-2021, 04:22 AM

Default New Georgia State Route 92 Bypass through Douglasville is nearing competition

The new Georgia State Route 92 bypass through Douglasville is currently on track to be finished by its completion date of February 2022.

When complete next year, the new GA-92 Bypass will provide motorists with a way to tr@ between the north side of Douglasville and I-20 without having to go through one of the multiple at-grade railroad crossings in Downtown Douglasville.

Quote:
Six years of construction and more than $100 million later, relief is in sight in the form of a six-lane road, the elimination of two of those railroad crossings and the re-location of a third...

... County officials say some 35,000 drivers from Douglas and bordering Paulding County take State Route 92 each day and that number is expected to rise to 50,000 over the next 15 years. About half of those cars, they say, are just trying to get to I-20.
The End Is Near For Major Road Project Connecting Douglas County To I-20 (WABE-FM Atlanta)

Old 02-17-2022, 09:48 AM

Default Douglas County makes history with first Black fire chief

In a historic first for the county, the Douglas County Fire/EMS Department will swear in its new fire chief Thursday.

Quote:
At noon Thursday, officials will swear in Roderick Jolivette as the first Black Fire Chief in Douglas County.

Jolivette has been described as a "servant leader who is notably skilled at relationship building." He's worked fighting fires for 37 years, serving previously as the Fire Chief of Cairo and Manchester, Georgia.

Before his time in the fire service, Jolivette was in the U.S. Navy in their nuclear submarine division. He was honorably discharged in 1985...

... Joivetter takes over the position from former Fire Chief Scott E. Spencer, who retired after 44 years of service to his community.
Douglas County makes history with first Black fire chief (FOX 5 Atlanta)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta