Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,273 times

Advertisements

When researching different Atlanta neighborhoods, I never see Parkview mentioned. Although it's a small neighborhood, it does have a 17 acre park and is right next to several other intown neighborhoods including Kirkwood, East Atlanta, Oakhurst, East Lake, etc. Prices still seem fairly reasonable and most houses have large backyards. Also, looks like renovations are happening there as well. Anyone know why Parkview seems to fly under the radar? Is it small size, school systems, etc.?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 10:16 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,938,534 times
Honestly I thought you were talking about Parkview HS in Gwinnett. I've never heard of that neighborhood.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:20 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,267,247 times
It's just south of Kirkwood, and is probably soon to be annexed into Atlanta. Not currently in the city limits.

Looks like a nice little smaller neighborhood from what I've seen.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:08 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,748,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFuture View Post
When researching different Atlanta neighborhoods, I never see Parkview mentioned. Although it's a small neighborhood, it does have a 17 acre park and is right next to several other intown neighborhoods including Kirkwood, East Atlanta, Oakhurst, East Lake, etc. Prices still seem fairly reasonable and most houses have large backyards. Also, looks like renovations are happening there as well. Anyone know why Parkview seems to fly under the radar? Is it small size, school systems, etc.?
It's schools mostly, you know how Dekalb is. If they're annexed into Atlanta it will easily become more popular.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:38 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,487,377 times
It's ignored by people because it is not in the City of Atlanta. I've been through there before and it is a very nice community with a decent housing stock. However, if it is annexed and approved via HB 706 into the city proper then it may become a place on my radar. The neighborhood is within 5 miles of downtown and right off I-20. Numerous south Dekalb neighborhoods are persona non grata to many because they are outside of Atlanta city limits. Hopefully, the city will annex these areas to be redeveloped and become more attractive to those whom want affordable alternatives to the existing overpriced Atlanta-in-Dekalb neighborhoods.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:38 AM

16,707 posts, read 29,537,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
It's ignored by people because it is not in the City of Atlanta. I've been through there before and it is a very nice community with a decent housing stock. However, if it is annexed and approved via HB 706 into the city proper then it may become a place on my radar. The neighborhood is within 5 miles of downtown and right off I-20. Numerous south Dekalb neighborhoods are persona non grata to many because they are outside of Atlanta city limits. Hopefully, the city will annex these areas to be redeveloped and become more attractive to those whom want affordable alternatives to the existing overpriced Atlanta-in-Dekalb neighborhoods.

Yes. Agreed.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFuture View Post
Parkview is in unincorporated DeKalb County so the schools play the biggest part in the prices, as well as lack of services, because it is an island of DeKalb County surrounded by Atlanta.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:00 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
How come they can't get services from DeKalb, cq? I'm just asking.

I am generally familiar with this area and it seems nice to me.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:10 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
How come they can't get services from DeKalb, cq? I'm just asking.

I am generally familiar with this area and it seems nice to me.
They have issues getting fast response from public safety. They would get much faster responses from APD and AFR; both have a station in Kirkwood.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:25 PM

222 posts, read 243,157 times
It may have a 17 acre park, but that park is in Kirkwood. Kirkwood over the years has done a really good job of stealing parks and streets from neighboring neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta