Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 06:26 AM

4,222 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving back to Atlanta within the next 3 years. I know a lot has changed since I left about 4 years ago. I used to live in Decatur (30030) but when I move back I want to buy a home, cash, and be done with it.

I used to live in 30349 about 7 years ago. I had a very small but new, quiet apartment about 2 miles off of Riverdale Rd off of 285. Honestly I vowed when I left Atl I'd never move back to that zip code again. I was just getting pulled over my cops too much...I'd never experienced anything like it before.

I'm a single 36 year old female with no kids and like to live below my means. When looking on Realtor.com I could get a 3/2 townhome for under $60K in College Park. Of course I'd prefer to be back in Decatur not too far from Emory in a condo or small loft but, again, I like to live below my means and although I didn't necessarily like the whole issue with police in CP, it wasn't 'too' far of a drive to downtown and it's just.so.inexpensive. Not the most hip part of Atlanta to live in but...

Anyways, if I come down next month I may drive around the area I used to live to see how things are changed. What are people's opinions of the area right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 01:50 PM

120 posts, read 119,222 times
Where would you be working if you moved back? If you want to live near Decatur, Clarkston and Scottdale are pretty close, or even Tucker or Pine Lake

Old 11-19-2015, 01:55 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times
CP is cool - I would pick Historic College Park though - the area around Old national is kind of hectic, so probably why they always pulled you over. East Point is cool too. If you want to live below your means and still be ITP - that area south of I-20 is your best bet. South Atlanta too - but prices are going higher by the beltline, and between there and East Point it's still rougher than I personally would be comfortable with.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:56 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,746,006 times
I live in 30349 closer to union city, and it isn't the best place to live. Downtown College Park and East Point are better. If you work in Dekalb, you could live in Ellenwood and have a short commute, or move to Morrow or Forest Park in Clayton. Personally I haven't had a nice first impression of the old national area, but it does have future potential if you're willing to wait it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta