Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:45 AM

17 posts, read 82,993 times

Advertisements

I'm Moving To The Atlanta Area Soon, And First I Need An Apartment In Downtown Decatur For About 3-4 Months While I Look For A Condo In The Same Area. Can Anyone Tell Me Some Good Apt. Complexes That Probably Have Something Available? Also, Which Condos Are The Best Value And Most "popular?" If There Is Another Town That Has The Same Type Of Downtown Living, I'd Appreciate Knowing About It. Going Back To The Decatur Condos, I Noticed One Called Town Square, And Would Like To Get Some Opinions On It. I Really Need Help Asap Since I'm Leaving For Atlanta In About A Week To Start Looking.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..... Hendren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 AM

340 posts, read 1,577,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDREN View Post
Also, Which Condos Are The Best Value And Most "popular?"
There are so many intown condos in Atlanta. It's hard, if not possible, to say which one is most popular. IMO, every condo is unique in its style, age and location. You need to set your budget on the price you want to pay and go from there. Then you can compare similar condos in which you want to buy in. Consult intown realtors specilized in condos or builders' sales offices and you will find usefull information. I waited for 8 months after moving into the area before contracting a condo in downtown area and like it very much.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:04 PM

401 posts, read 1,733,746 times
What's your price range? Honestly, you can't go wrong in Decatur with a condo or apt so long as you are in the city limits. If I was you, I'd just drive around the town and see what appeals to you as far as design and location. There are no bad areas in the city of Decatur though.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't recall the names of any of the condos or apts. I know where they are but don't necessarily know their names. You really can't go wrong within the city limits though.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:31 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,276,534 times
I quite like Town Square. It's half a block from the courthouse square. It's got nice floorplans, good amenities. The style is a bit traditional and there's a good bit of variability in the finishes -- standard versus upgrades. You also want to be careful about which side of the building you buy on because some views are better (and better investments) than others.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM

Thanks For The Replies. To The Person Who Suggested Town Square... Thank You, That's The Place That Seems Very Nice To Me, Too, But My Understanding Is That There Are None Available Right Now.
Is There Another Area Where You Can Live In "town" And Have Kind- Of A "village" Type Atmosphere?
Can Anyone Give An Opinion Of Vinings?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 PM

Default Apartments In Downtown Decatur?

Before Buying A Condo In Downtown Decatur, I Need To Rent An Apartment In That Same Downtown Area For 3-4 Mos. Not More Than $1,000 Per Month, And Hopefully Less. They Have To Allow Pets. Any Ideas? Also, Is There Another Place With Condos In Town, And The "village" Atmosphere Of Decatur? Vinings?
Can Anyone Give Me An Idea Of The Age Demographics In Decatur In The 30+ Range? Is It Mostly Families, Or Are There Many Singles?
Thanks For Any Help. I'll Be On My Way There The End Of The Month, So Don't Have Too Long. I Also Need A Top Realtor - Either One Who Lives And/or Specializes In Decatur, Or A Realtor Who Specializes In Condos Throughout Various Areas.
Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 12:08 AM

Default Can Someone Advise Me Where The Best Atlanta Area Is To Purchase A Downtown Condo?

Decatur Is Great, But Not Much For Sale. Vinings Is So Expensive. Any Other Areas?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:53 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,930 times
Default Check out these condos Inman Park/Old 4th Ward area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDREN View Post
Decatur Is Great, But Not Much For Sale. Vinings Is So Expensive. Any Other Areas?

studioplex atlanta
Tribute Lofts
Welcome to the Grinnell Lofts
870 Inman
Inman Park Village Lofts
Inman Park Village

Great locations and great properties in great neighborhoods!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:31 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,373,515 times
HENDREN - Try this link: Decatur Housing

Trust us when we tell you that it really doesn't get any better than Decatur for a safe, friendly and vibrant place to be. Good luck!

P.S. The Ice House Lofts mentioned in the link I gave might be a good rental option for a while to get your bearings - plus theres a Felinis Pizza (local fave) directly across the street!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 PM

thanks, johnatl.
i love decatur.... but there's nothing downtown other than renaissance, which isn't good investment right now... artisan is too expensive, and ponce de leon are lofts only. i need condo not over $250,000 if possible. only 1 available at town square. i'll check out what you gave me. thanks, again. pegi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta