Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 05:13 PM

6 posts, read 5,137 times

Advertisements

I moved to Atlanta a couple of months ago and moved to the Doraville area. I'm not too crazy about the location but it suited by needs.

Now my sister is moving to Atlanta on July and we're planning on getting a bigger apartment. Since I work in Tucker, I don't want to live too far and make my commute horrible (a max of 20-25 minutes commute is ideal). My sister is working as a consultant so commute is not as a concern for her except that it has easy access to the airport. Not necessarily near MARTA. She does want to be closer intown so as a compromise, we are looking at places in the Druid Hills/Brookhaven area.

Our budget for a 2 Bedroom is around $1250-$1400, could go up to $1650 for a 3 bedroom. We have looked at several areas and have about narrowed it down to Prelude at Clairmont (newer apartments) and Stonecreek at Druid Hills. As far as vicinity to the city, it's not so bad though it's not in anywhere close either. Would you recommend either of the apartments? Have you heard of any feedback about those apartment complexes? I have read the reviews online and while both are not stellar, nothing sounds too problematic but not all reviews can be trusted. Are there any apartment complexes or other areas that I should be looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 05:19 PM
bu2

24,360 posts, read 15,204,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier16 View Post
I moved to Atlanta a couple of months ago and moved to the Doraville area. I'm not too crazy about the location but it suited by needs.

Now my sister is moving to Atlanta on July and we're planning on getting a bigger apartment. Since I work in Tucker, I don't want to live too far and make my commute horrible (a max of 20-25 minutes commute is ideal). My sister is working as a consultant so commute is not as a concern for her except that it has easy access to the airport. Not necessarily near MARTA. She does want to be closer intown so as a compromise, we are looking at places in the Druid Hills/Brookhaven area.

Our budget for a 2 Bedroom is around $1250-$1400, could go up to $1650 for a 3 bedroom. We have looked at several areas and have about narrowed it down to Prelude at Clairmont (newer apartments) and Stonecreek at Druid Hills. As far as vicinity to the city, it's not so bad though it's not in anywhere close either. Would you recommend either of the apartments? Have you heard of any feedback about those apartment complexes? I have read the reviews online and while both are not stellar, nothing sounds too problematic but not all reviews can be trusted. Are there any apartment complexes or other areas that I should be looking at?
One comment-stay near 85 (as those two are). Getting from Druid Hills to Tucker can be difficult if you have to use 285.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 PM

6 posts, read 5,137 times
Thanks. In proximity to Tucker, is Midtown or Decatur too far? How is traffic from those areas to Tucker on rush hour?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:17 AM
bu2

24,360 posts, read 15,204,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier16 View Post
Thanks. In proximity to Tucker, is Midtown or Decatur too far? How is traffic from those areas to Tucker on rush hour?
285 east is bad from Perimeter Mall down to around Memorial Drive. Its bad north bound in the mornings and both directions in the afternoon. That's the main sticking point.

Now its also difficult to get north to I-85 from Decatur or Druid Hills as Clairmont, Briarcliff, LaVista and N. Druid Hills are all congested.

Scott St./Lawrenceville Highway and the Stone Mountain Fwy have some congestion, but its not too bad (reverse flow-it is pretty bad heading the opposite direction-towards town in the morning).

So it depends on where you are going in Tucker. If you can take Scott St. to Stone Mountain Fwy from Decatur or Druid Hills (like if you are on Mountain Industrial Blvd near the Stone Mnt Freeway), it won't be too bad. But if you have to use those other roads and head into the heart of Tucker, it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta