Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 977 times

Advertisements

I am in my early 20's and have accepted a job offer to work in Norcross. I'm looking for general advice on the surrounding area as well as what area I should search for apartments/condos to rent. I begin work soon so I will be living with my aunt while I look for places to live.

Because I know nothing about the area I was looking for suggestions on safe areas near Norcross that are more suited toward a younger person and preferably in the ~$500-600 range (can have some leeway wither direction). I am also open to the possibility of places with roommates as long as I have the ability to make sure they're a good person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,634,667 times
Contact Promove. Generally one bedroom apartments in that area for your price range generally are safe. You should not have no problem finding something that you like

Old 09-02-2013, 05:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 11,559,690 times
There is an abundance of apartments and multi-family rental units in that area across almost every price range.

I would stick to searching in the 30092 zip code, which is a zip code with both Norcross and Peachtree Corners (Peachtree Corners is a really strong neighborhood association which became a city a couple of years ago) mailing addresses where most of the apartments and multi-family housing complexes are kept in relatively good shape.

Apartments and rental units in the Norcross 30071 zip code can be hit or miss so you have to be much more careful when searching for rental property in that zip code.

Most apartment complexes in the Norcross 30093 zip code (which is the area with a Norcross mailing address to the east of I-85, an area that appears to be south of I-85 on a map) are in a state of decline so I would limit how much I might search in that area, though there are some quiet enclaves to be found in an area that is overall more advanced in its transition from suburban than much of the Norcross 30071 zip code and most of the Norcross/Peachtree Corners 30092 zip code.

You can also search in the nearby areas of Duluth, Johns Creek and Roswell 30076, but hopefully you will find something that you like close to where you will be working in Norcross.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,042,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
I am in my early 20's and have accepted a job offer to work in Norcross. I'm looking for general advice on the surrounding area as well as what area I should search for apartments/condos to rent. I begin work soon so I will be living with my aunt while I look for places to live.

Because I know nothing about the area I was looking for suggestions on safe areas near Norcross that are more suited toward a younger person and preferably in the ~$500-600 range (can have some leeway wither direction). I am also open to the possibility of places with roommates as long as I have the ability to make sure they're a good person.
First off, welcome to Atlanta.

Second, $500-$600 won't really cut it unless you are willing to live in timbukfive or just rent a room in a house.

Third, if you work in Norcross then living in the city with completely doable (albeit more expensive). Try to live in the VA highlands/midtown/Poncey highlands area. As close to piedmont park as you can. You'll love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta