Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times

Advertisements

Living in Jonesboro and driving to Tucker everyday is quite the commute , so we are looking for a two bedroom apartment in Tucker. Now I've been researching online and reading the reviews for some of the apartments are unbelievable and some are down right scary!
Now this is why i am here, I'm at my wits ends , talking to the management staff , of course they are going to tell you exactly what you want to hear just to have you move into "hell" . I am looking for feedback of apartments that are NOT a drug haven or newly painted because removing walls with blood splatter is too expensive , or stepping over chalk outlines is an everyday thing!

Somewhere that is gated , reasonably priced , attentive management staff , washer and dry in unit , large rooms , hopefully a fire place (fingers crossed , if not , so be it !) balcony / patio , NO CRITTERS, I REPEAT NO BUGS!!
Now please , the people that respond must be tenants , not management looking for new tenants .
I would truly appreciate links and pictures ( if you could provide a few ) of the places that you recommend!

We,scratch that , I have been looking for a few months now , and I'm pulling out my hair (thank goodness for an afro , it can cover up bald spots lol )

Any help would truly be appreciated !!

Editing this post because I'd like to add that we have no children or pets , but do not mind an apartment that has children or animals!

Last edited by Deidre.h1; 05-20-2013 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Adding that we do not mind a children / pet apartment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,313,877 times
This is a tall order...only wanting responses from people who actually live there (most apartments in Tucker are pretty run down and they are occupied largly by immigrants and lower income folks. People who are pretty unlikely to have the luxury of using this forum.)

I lived in Tucker for many years until very recently, and I don't know of any gated apartment complexes in Tucker. If I was moving to an apartment in Tucker, the first place I would look is the complex behind the Publix shopping center on Hugh Howell Road. I know some people who lived there and were happy with it.

There are some gated complexes naer Mercer University. Post Apartments, I think. Maybe you could look into that. That's pretty close to Tucker.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 PM

890 posts, read 1,651,493 times
I have been looking in the area as well. None of the apartments appealed to me whatsoever. How long of a commute are you willing to have and what's your budget? I saw a place I like in Sandy Springs, but may be too long of a commute although google says about 30 minutes in rush hour.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,525,966 times
You should check out the Montage apartments, which is located at Chamblee-Tucker Road and I-285. These were built just a few years ago and seem pretty nice - it's certainly not in a high-crime area - I live nearby and can attest to that. Although the units may be a bit pricey, you'll have the amenities you're looking for, as well as walkable access to a comprehensive shopping center (grocery, banks, gym, post office, etc).

Definitely worth checking out, imo.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 PM

501 posts, read 802,209 times
I have seen mixed reviews for Five Oaks they are right by 78 and 285 or The Ava looks nice on the outside not sure of the reviews. I have driven by it a couple times.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 PM

580 posts, read 1,423,158 times
Tucker is a very older and wonderful community filled mostly with homes rather than apartment complexes. I've seen a few around this area but nothing major compared to other suburban cities. I recommend you check out this apartment complex ITP off Lavista Road close to Northlake Mall. I'm not sure of the name, but I do recall seeing a small display sign on Lavista because you can't view the complex while driving by. I love this area, and I reside ITP in Tucker. I'm glad there are not a lot of visible apartment complexes I've seen in this area other than a few off Lawrenceville Highway. That part of Tucker could really use some work. I go to a cheap car wash next to McDonald's on Lawrenceville Hwy and sometimes WalMart so I frequent that side of Tucker often. Good Luck

Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,148,832 times
My son lived in Five Oaks when he first moved to Atlanta. It is gated , reasonably priced (on a grad student salary!), had attentive management staff , washer and dry in unit , large rooms , a fire place and balcony. He didn't mention anything about bugs. It would definitely be worth at least a look!

Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 AM

21 posts, read 30,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornjacksonian View Post
Tucker is a very older and wonderful community filled mostly with homes rather than apartment complexes. I've seen a few around this area but nothing major compared to other suburban cities. I recommend you check out this apartment complex ITP off Lavista Road close to Northlake Mall. I'm not sure of the name, but I do recall seeing a small display sign on Lavista because you can't view the complex while driving by. I love this area, and I reside ITP in Tucker. I'm glad there are not a lot of visible apartment complexes I've seen in this area other than a few off Lawrenceville Highway. That part of Tucker could really use some work. I go to a cheap car wash next to McDonald's on Lawrenceville Hwy and sometimes WalMart so I frequent that side of Tucker often. Good Luck
ITP Tucker sounds interesting.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 PM

580 posts, read 1,423,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbibus View Post
ITP Tucker sounds interesting.
Only thing interesting is the traffic at weird times lol. Other than that, this is a very nice area that I truly call home. It is truly Dekalb's county best kept secret. Close proximity to Little 5, Midtown, and the city as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta