Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,066,118 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure about racial diversity (you can easily look that up, the numbers are out there), but I can tell you that I had a couple of gay friends who were a little nervous about putting their daughter into Sarah Smith.

Not only did nobody there care, they were far from the only ones there. Total non-issue. I went and saw some of the little school productions, etc. and was totally imprssed with Sarah Smith.

I don't know much about Vinings, but I do know this: it's hard to lose in Buckhead. That's the last place values are ever going to drop. If you can afford Buckhead, do it. It's the best of both worlds with quick access to the city and easy access to the suburbs. I would start considering Vinings if I found that I couldn't afford what I wanted in Buckhead.....but I'd probably try Sandy Springs first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,775,677 times
The Vinings area is best described as:

The proposed boundaries were Interstate 285 along the northwest side, Interstate 75 at the northeast end, the Chattahoochee River on the southeast side, and Atlanta Road (old U.S. 41 until Cobb Parkway was built in the 1950s) at the southwest end

This also includes the Cumberland Mall area

Smynings is a nickname that has been given to that area of Cobb County that is just north of Vinings (north of Interstate 285) and just south of the City of Smyrna (Ridge Road) which is less than 2 miles from I-285. Many of the developments along this stretch of Atlanta road use Vinings in their name but they are not within the traditional Vinings bounderies. This area feeds Teasley Elementery.

Buckhead is just south of Vinings when you cross the the Chattahoochee River from Cobb County into Fulton County

Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,775,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Thanks for that insight. Is Morningside the name of the neighborhood itself (or just the name of the school)?
Morningside is a neighborhood that is just north of Virginia Highland and south of the Lenox Mall area. It is east of Ansley Park and Northeast of Midtown.

It is often referred to as Morningside/Lenox Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta