Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM

7,365 posts, read 6,555,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post
Yes, of course, it's the networks' "fault". These people don't really exist in "reality". The networks are just making up all this "reality" TV. NOT!

And for some "reason" these networks keep honing in on Atlanta over and over and over, and every time they keep striking fool's gold with Honey Boo Boo, Baby's Mamas and all the rest.

Stayin' classy.
The reason is that when anyone actually does speak out, they're branded as racist or bigoted, so no one speaks out.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,051,360 times
Look, it doesn't matter if these shows are true representations of Atlanta or not.

It makes for GREAT TELEVISION!!!

Every reality show based out of Atlanta STAY leading the industry in unabashed RATCHETNESS!! LOL!!

And we love it!!!

LHHNY ratchets have NOTHING on Atlanta ratchets. NOTHING!!

Bravo's number one Housewives franchise is ATLANTA followed by Jersey cause "ethnic" whites know how to bring the drama as well. LOVE IT!!!

Will I be watching this dude with his 20 babymamas? HELL YESSSS!!!

I'd say the only other city that can top you guys in ratchet reality shows would probably be NEW ORLEANS and maybe Chicago.

Keep the Reality Ratchetness comin' Atlanta! WE LOVE IT!!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 AM

384 posts, read 597,404 times
There is a clear, inverse relationship between intelligence and the amount of time someone spends watching any of these shows.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,546,838 times
No true words have ever been spoken. There is no doubt black women LOVE these shows. What else do they have to do? Z0 percent or unwed, other than work & church what else is there to do but watch tv & read romance novels? And now you have Sabrina Lamb a black woman who wants to take the joy away from other black women & how they enjoy reality tv. The number 1 black video on youtude is the You Ratchet video buy the gay. Black dude & his brother, why does that video get so many views? Because this is what black women want to see. There is power in numbers & these networks are trying to profit from these numbers. Aww the agenda.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
There is a clear, inverse relationship between intelligence and the amount of time someone spends watching any of these shows.
People like what they like. I don't watch tv beccause there isn't any any good programming on for me to watch, so I have internet & Playstation 3, most educated black men are gamers to some degree. I'm not sure if your post is a diss to the viewers or what, but I can tell you this Ra guy Shawty Lo will not be the star of this show. It will make celebrities out of the most popular baby mamas, who will then parley their popularity to other shows. Do you all remember how soup operas used to trade actors & actresses to other soup operas to shows on other networks? The Atlanta reality base will start to do just that. The more Atlanta shows, the platforms to jump around to. The girl from Flava Flav has already done it, TIs wife has already been on two shows, Lil Wayne ex wife is will most likely be cast one one of these shows eventually, Atlantas very own Soilder Boy & Diamond may appear in Love & Hip hop, AJC will continue to cover these people, as will V103 & Hot107. How can Atlanta stop it when Atlanta women are the biggest supporter?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
No true words have ever been spoken. There is no doubt black women LOVE these shows. What else do they have to do? Z0 percent or unwed, other than work & church what else is there to do but watch tv & read romance novels? And now you have Sabrina Lamb a black woman who wants to take the joy away from other black women & how they enjoy reality tv. The number 1 black video on youtude is the You Ratchet video buy the gay. Black dude & his brother, why does that video get so many views? Because this is what black women want to see. There is power in numbers & these networks are trying to profit from these numbers. Aww the agenda.
WRONG ON ALL COUNTS!!!

I have no kids and I'm not stupid enough to believe these chicks are a representation of all the black women in Atlanta or across the nation. I don't know any black women like this personally, but hey, they DO exist and this is how they make their money.

I would NEVER purchase ANYTHING with their names on it, except maybe Sheree Whitfield. If she came out with some exercise videos I would purchase, because her body is on point.

I really don't know why Atlanta reality shows keep topping the others in ratchetness, but it is what it is.

I also watch Honey Boo Boo's show too. She's opened the doors to more trailer park ratchetness and as we all know, NO ONE CAN DO RATCHET LIKE THE SOUTHERN STATES!! LOL!!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
WRONG ON ALL COUNTS!!!

I have no kids and I'm not stupid enough to believe these chicks are a representation of all the black women in Atlanta or across the nation. I don't know any black women like this personally, but hey, they DO exist and this is how they make their money.

I would NEVER purchase ANYTHING with their names on it, except maybe Sheree Whitfield. If she came out with some exercise videos I would purchase, because her body is on point.

I really don't know why Atlanta reality shows keep topping the others in ratchetness, but it is what it is.

I also watch Honey Boo Boo's show too. She's opened the doors to more trailer park ratchetness and as we all know, NO ONE CAN DO RATCHET LIKE THE SOUTHERN STATES!! LOL!!
lol you didn't read my post Marlyn lol. Where exactly am I wrong?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
lol you didn't read my post Marlyn lol. Where exactly am I wrong?
Oh, I agree with your SECOND POST, but it was the one where you were saying that 70% of black women are unwed and have nothing better to do.

I wasn't offended or angry in my post to you, but it is true that people do watch these shows to feel better about their boring lives.

These shows really are scripted. I had an idea for what I considered to be an entertaining reality show (not a high amount of ratchet LOL) and was shocked to find out that I needed to have real episodes with a "storyline" of sorts.

I was upset, because this is basically a slap in the face to the Writer's Guild by gypping them out of their percentage of the money and giving it to the "producers" who are egging these people on to create drama.

But since I've never actually been on a set before, I will go on to say that many of the fight scenes are probably coming from the "heart", but probably started by a "producer" to get the ball rolling.

I also want to see a reality show about Jaquana and her five baby daddies too.

Did you know that Honey Boo Boo's mother June got all her kids from different men? Yep. All of her daughters fathers are from white versions of Jaquana's baby daddies. All of them have been locked up too, including Honey Boo Boo's pops and June's been arrested for stuff too.

Just thought I'd put that out there for those still putting whites on this imaginary pedestal.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 AM

472 posts, read 811,526 times
Quote:
Atlanta is a city where many black want & need to be famous or accomplished. Its the perfect city to go to if you want to create a reality show that black women & gay black men will watch
Unfortunately Atlanta is the King of Black Media, its very interesting that BET is staying clear of all these reality shows. Maybe they fear Aaron McGruders voice. There is a reason Atlanta is chosen as the based for all these shows. It also kinda encourages certain types of blacks to move to Atlanta. I don't think its anything to be mad about though.
I'm skeptical about this last one. Just because they run a few TV shows every hoodlum in the nation is going to suddenly move to Georgia? That doesn't seem to be the trend.

You have to understand that this is all scripted. Reality TV is not real. I would do a double take if anyone came up to me and in an ebonic accent said, "Oh yeah man! You know that show all my baby mamas? I'm gonna be just like him! That's why I moved here!"

Read that last line for a minute.

People portrayed in these shows have a lot more to worry about than the richer folk do when it comes to moving. And if they do, they will move into the places depicted in All my baby mamas and Honey Boo Boo.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM

492 posts, read 792,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post
Yes, of course, it's the networks' "fault". These people don't really exist in "reality". The networks are just making up all this "reality" TV. NOT!

And for some "reason" these networks keep honing in on Atlanta over and over and over, and every time they keep striking fool's gold with Honey Boo Boo, Baby's Mamas and all the rest.

Stayin' classy.
Honey Boo Boo isn't in Atlanta you stupid troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta