Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,874,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Honey Boo-boo makes poor rural white southerns look bad there's no justice for that but Atlanta at least it's specific and it's actually about poor rural white southerns. Your missing what I saying America don't distinguish between lower, middle and upper class blacks.
It's highly unlikely that many people are going to equate middle and upper class blacks with the stereotypes being trotted out by Shawty Lo and his 10 baby mamas. Likewise, not many are going to equate the Honey Boo-Boo clan with middle and upper class whites.

Folks can be pretty dumb when it comes to stereotypes but most of them are not that stupid.

Quote:
People often take three young black kids riding down the street listening to rap music on rims as "thugs" this has nothing to do with class. The fact folks believing this stuff are sign of class even goes more to my point.
Well, maybe that's because three young black kids riding down the street listening to rap music on rims are purposely evoking a stereotype that appeals to them.

Likewise, if you see three young white kids riding down the street in a pickup listening to Hank Jr, would't that suggest some stereotypical ideas about them in your mind?

Nobody is making either group of kids do those things -- they choose them because they find them "cool" and culturally popular.

Quote:
Example I still waiting for some to tell me what's "ghetto" about real housewives of Atlanta. I could swear these are successful upper class women. Truth is because they are mainly black women and they argue on TV they are being label ghetto it has nothing to do with class.
I wouldn't think of them as "ghetto." From what little I've seen of these various Housewives shows they all play on some rather obnoxious and hackneyed stereotypes of women but I haven't seen anything suggesting ghetto.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,096,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Honey Boo-boo makes poor rural white southerns look bad there's no justice for that but Atlanta at least it's specific and it's actually about poor rural white southerns. Your missing what I saying America don't distinguish between lower, middle and upper class blacks.
Quoted for truth.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,538,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
Implying most is just as terrible and racist. Don't play semantics.
Come of it you hysterical little creep.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM

23,515 posts, read 44,198,804 times
Easily the most foolhardy thread Ive read on here in a long time. No wonder this country is going over a cliff.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,679,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Thats all subjective there is nothing wrong with having children. Many women in Atlanta have children so what is your beef?
More than likely they can't afford them. Plus it's nasty, this guy breeds like rabbit.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,919,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It should'nt but if their antics are indirectly (or in some cases directly) responsible for the way me and my children are treated by others, YES I do take this crap seriously.

Your children and You are going to be treated by others based on the person and who they naturally are. Not based on a show having influence on someone to do something to you. No one is going curse you out because they saw shawty lo baby mama and housewives of Atlanta. That's just silly its entertainment thats why its on TV.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Staysean23, man you are starting to bug out for no reason. Its as if you want to change peoples minds about what people think of Atlanta's black people. Why so aggressive with that? People are going to think and feel whatever they like. I dont think the shows make Atlanta look bad, I also disagree with black people attacking Shawty Lo as if he is the only black man in Atlanta that likes sex. People are going a little too overboard now Staysean23.
I'm not bugging out and I'm surely not trying to change anyone's perception of Blacks. But just want to point out a few things that's all.

Just for the record Blacks aren't trying to hide anything we would just like for there to be a balance in media coverage far as blacks are concerned.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's highly unlikely that many people are going to equate middle and upper class blacks with the stereotypes being trotted out by Shawty Lo and his 10 baby mamas. Likewise, not many are going to equate the Honey Boo-Boo clan with middle and upper class whites.

Folks can be pretty dumb when it comes to stereotypes but most of them are not that stupid.

Well, maybe that's because three young black kids riding down the street listening to rap music on rims are purposely evoking a stereotype that appeals to them.

So bascially people cant do things they enjoy, listening to music how they want.. I guess blacks better start blasting Garth Brooks. So they whites wont think there thugs lol

Likewise, if you see three young white kids riding down the street in a pickup listening to Hank Jr, would't that suggest some stereotypical ideas about them in your mind?

No it wouldn't for me it just goes along with the culture and the type of music whites listening too some people like myself give folks the benefit of doubt before judging them and throw out stereotypes

Nobody is making either group of kids do those things -- they choose them because they find them "cool" and culturally popular.

I wouldn't think of them as "ghetto." From what little I've seen of these various Housewives shows they all play on some rather obnoxious and hackneyed stereotypes of women but I haven't seen anything suggesting ghetto.

No Houswewives isnt ghetto. Just loud women bickering

Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
More than likely they can't afford them. Plus it's nasty, this guy breeds like rabbit.
Your stereotyping!!!! until you know this for sure You shouldn't make such a assessment.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 PM

254 posts, read 420,275 times
Here's all I have to say: Let your 14 year old watch this. He'll think twice about hooking up with a girl at such a young age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta