Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 PM

26 posts, read 48,970 times

Advertisements

Downtown Marietta vs Downtown Woodstock opinions

We have been to Marietta Square and love it, love the international vibe. Does Woodstock downtown have an international vibe? How does it compare to Marietta Square?

Does anyone have pics of Woodstock Downtown?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 02:16 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Woodstock's downtown has a large, mixed-use development that somewhat serves as an anchor/focal point, but it doesnt really have that classic, organic urban feel of Marietta's downtown square.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,160 times
Woodstock's downtown has a lot more chain restaurants compared to Marietta Square. Both are nice but I prefer Marietta Square.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Woodstock's downtown has a lot more chain restaurants compared to Marietta Square. Both are nice but I prefer Marietta Square.
"A lot more"??? Other than Canyons Burgers and Pure Taqueria (which I wouldn't really call a "chain"), there aren't any chain restaurants in Downtown Woodstock. You make it sound like there's a row of Applebees, Fridays, Outback and Longhorn there......

Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Personally I would lean toward Woodstock these days, although we used to have an office in Mayretta and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Woodstock's downtown has a lot more chain restaurants compared to Marietta Square.

We are talking Woodstock, GA, right?

Maybe it does have "a lot more" but it doesn't have "a lot".

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA2013 View Post
Downtown Marietta vs Downtown Woodstock opinions

We have been to Marietta Square and love it, love the international vibe. Does Woodstock downtown have an international vibe? How does it compare to Marietta Square?

Does anyone have pics of Woodstock Downtown?
Thanks
I would not say that Downtown Woodstock has a "international vibe". Marietta Square is much larger with a sizable collection of restaurants (and more variety). Woodstock is really nice, but it is not on the same level as Marietta.

Here's a site with some more information, and some pictures: Things to do in Woodstock | Restaurants | Concerts | Shopping | Elm Street Arts | Mountain Bike

And here's the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MainStreetWoodstock

Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Quote:
I agree with the others that this is a weird comment. Maybe Westau thinks the intersection of Main Street & Hwy 92 is downtown Woodstock? It's actually Main Street & Arnold Mill.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 7,935 times
I haven't been to either in about two years, but I remember downtown Marietta (which should be renamed Goldstien since that that family owns the entire downtown area), had Marietta Pizza (average at best), Hemingway's (sucks), Shillings (terrible, living in the '70s). And a million antique stores. And the courthouse. And one place that Alton Brown said was good -- no thanks.

Woodstock has Vingenzo's, one of the best Italians in Atlanta. It has Mi Casa, THE best Mexican in Atlanta. Pure is a great nightspot and has good food. Several other restaurants give the edge to Woodstock IMO.

No, Woodstock doesn't have the history of Mtta, but who cares.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillVol View Post
I haven't been to either in about two years, but I remember downtown Marietta (which should be renamed Goldstien since that that family owns the entire downtown area), had Marietta Pizza (average at best), Hemingway's (sucks), Shillings (terrible, living in the '70s). And a million antique stores. And the courthouse. And one place that Alton Brown said was good -- no thanks.

Woodstock has Vingenzo's, one of the best Italians in Atlanta. It has Mi Casa, THE best Mexican in Atlanta. Pure is a great nightspot and has good food. Several other restaurants give the edge to Woodstock IMO.

No, Woodstock doesn't have the history of Mtta, but who cares.
People who prefer a sense of place and a more urban environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: