Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:19 PM

58 posts, read 324,959 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are considering moving to Atlanta, but would like a 2 bedroom apartment that's affordable: $600 or $700/month. What neighborhoods should we search in? South Atlanta? We would like to live somewhere that has access to the MARTA rail line since we will be sharing a car.

Also, how much are monthly utilities in Atlanta?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 08:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Um... you ARE talking about 2007 prices right? Cause you might need a time machine to get a 2BR for around $600 now. A studio perhaps, and a 1BR - MAYBE. South Atlanta? Well, if you're brave. You might not have that one car you're sharing long, though.

If you go forrent magazine's site ( Find Apartments For Rent, Rentals, Roommates, Moving Companies and More - ForRent.com ) you can browse all of the major complexes in the area, and they'll usually list the starting price ranges in the upper-right corner next to their name. You can also request a print-version of their magazine and only have to pay for shipping.

Alot of people in the past on here have also suggested "promove" as a good service to use: Atlanta Apartments from PROMOVE - The Apartment Source you would want to talk to someone there about your location needs so they can steer you away from areas that are "affordable" (but have high crime in order to BE affordable).

Good luck in your move.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:36 PM

90 posts, read 335,967 times
Default check this out..

hope it comes through. Click Atlanta homes for rent. Pictures and all! K

05 - Houses for rent - Home Rental Ads - Rental Homes.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,879 times
Uhm, what kind of neighborhood are you looking to live in? Because at that price point, it won't be that desirable. People think because Atlanta is the south, it's cheap. Oh, but to the contrary. Then again, most apartments on a bus line are in questionable neighborhoods anyway. Good luck with that.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Then again, most apartments on a bus line are in questionable neighborhoods anyway. Good luck with that.
That's a pretty extreme statement. There are many very nice neighborhoods that have bus service. The part about them not being cheap is very true, however.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 AM

49 posts, read 224,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
That's a pretty extreme statement. There are many very nice neighborhoods that have bus service. The part about them not being cheap is very true, however.
I would agree with that statement...apts on bus lines are probably in high crime areas than those without...a general rule with exceptions of course, but still a good guideline.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 AM

563 posts, read 2,773,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynn83 View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are considering moving to Atlanta, but would like a 2 bedroom apartment that's affordable: $600 or $700/month. What neighborhoods should we search in? South Atlanta? We would like to live somewhere that has access to the MARTA rail line since we will be sharing a car.

Also, how much are monthly utilities in Atlanta?

Thanks!
Check out Atlanta homes for rent - home rentals - houses for rent in Atlanta, Rentlist. Savannah Property Managers.. You may find a cheaper rental on that site.

I did a quick search and I found a 2/2 rental in Alpharetta for $700 not far from the MARTA bus line and the Mansell Park-and-Ride lot. It's not a brand new unit or anything, but it's in your price range.

I also saw something in your price range in Chamblee. Not the BEST area but it isn't someplace like Vine City. Now that I look at it again, the one in Chamblee is close to a Marta station.

So basically, what you want to do is doable...you just have to look

Hope this helps!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Okay, so not the South. What is an affordable neighborhood that has access to the MARTA?

Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
Bored today...found this on Craigslist:
Dunwoody is a very nice area to live and also is Marta Accessible
Furnished Condo - Sandy Springs / Dunwoody / GA400 @ Abernathy Road (broken link)

Old 10-08-2007, 07:19 AM

I was actually looking at Norcross today. Is this a good area? I read that it has a park and ride station on the MARTA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta