Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,462,500 times

Advertisements

Korean air puts out its official schedule for the big baby A380 aircraft today. I keep hearing great things about this plane, and looking forward to trying it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Korean Air to Introduce Airbus A380 Service to Atlanta from Jan 2013: W12 Operation Changes
by JL
Second Update at 0530GMT 14AUG12
Korean Air from 01JAN13 is launching Airbus A380 service on Seoul Incheon – Atlanta service, where the aircraft will operate daily KE035/036 flight. Initially the Skyteam member will operate A380 on daily basis from 01JAN13 to 31JAN13, but this will be reduced to 3 weekly from 01FEB13. From 01FEB13, overall service to Atlanta appears to be reduced from 10 to 7 weekly as KE033/034 service is closed for reservation.
Schedule:

KE035 ICN1005 – 0930ATL 388 D
KE033 ICN1915 – 1840ATL 772 246
KE034 ATL0100 – 0550+1ICN 772 357
KE036 ATL1200 – 1700+1ICN 388 D
Remarks:
1) From 01FEB13, KE035/036 operates with 777-300ER on Day x357 and A380 on Day 357
2) Reservation for 3 weekly KE033/034 is closed for flights on/after 01FEB13, since 0440GMT 14AUG12

Original Update at 0440GMT 14AUG12
(Visited 916 times, 916 visits today)
Read more from 2012/13, Korean Air, Skyteam
Comments are closed.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:38 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,804,682 times
Awesome

Everytime I'm scheduled to fly on the A380 something happens to prevent it.

I'm hoping they can start using it...eventually... on some of the higher capacity routes via Delta with other European sky team hubs, like Air France and KLM.

Those should be high capacity/high demand routes, since there are hubs on both ends.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 PM

329 posts, read 639,926 times
wow, cant wait!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Awesome

Everytime I'm scheduled to fly on the A380 something happens to prevent it.

I'm hoping they can start using it...eventually... on some of the higher capacity routes via Delta with other European sky team hubs, like Air France and KLM.

Those should be high capacity/high demand routes, since there are hubs on both ends.
I agree definetely KLM/ Air France should be on Atlanta's radar with A380's to Paris. I even heard Lufthansa could eventually bring 380's to Atlanta, which would be a shock, considering it's not a Skyteam carrier.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I agree definetely KLM/ Air France should be on Atlanta's radar with A380's to Paris. I even heard Lufthansa could eventually bring 380's to Atlanta, which would be a shock, considering it's not a Skyteam carrier.
It wouldn't be that much of a shock to me...Lufthansa has been a big buyer and proponent of the A380 and it's long-haul fuel efficiency. They offer mostly once a day service throughout the year to their hub in Frankfurt (and I think seasonal to Munich).

Mostly they do it to compete with skyteam as an Atlanta connection to their Star Alliance hub.

They are more likely to have one flight a day, where as Delta/KLM/Air France have a dozen flights between Atlanta and Paris or Amsterdam each day.

but that is also why I'm not sure I want a Lufthansa A380. I wish they had more flight options during the evening at different times on the existing smaller planes. (well relatively smaller to the A380).

My frequent traveler account with Lufthansa I think emailed me about the start of A380 service out of Houston. Atlanta might go down that path, as it is more fuel efficient per passenger (than multiple smaller planes).

But... I must say one of the things I liked about flying Lufthansa from Atlanta, alot of the times that flight isn't full (so maybe an A380 is out of the question). I have absolutely loved the space and the service. I think skyteam has simply out competed the Star Alliance in Atlanta for most people. I think the main question is... if a once a day A380 serves Atlanta-Frankfurt, can they lower ticket prices enough to fill up the plane? Right now I'd say they are just a tad bit more expensive and have a 3/4 full smaller plane.

I use to fly the Lufthansa flight all the time several years back, not now I can't because of arrival times, costs, etc... Now I'm just as likely to connect through another U.S. airport or Amsterdam or Paris.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
It wouldn't be that much of a shock to me...Lufthansa has been a big buyer and proponent of the A380 and it's long-haul fuel efficiency. They offer mostly once a day service throughout the year to their hub in Frankfurt (and I think seasonal to Munich).

Mostly they do it to compete with skyteam as an Atlanta connection to their Star Alliance hub.

They are more likely to have one flight a day, where as Delta/KLM/Air France have a dozen flights between Atlanta and Paris or Amsterdam each day.

but that is also why I'm not sure I want a Lufthansa A380. I wish they had more flight options during the evening at different times on the existing smaller planes. (well relatively smaller to the A380).

My frequent traveler account with Lufthansa I think emailed me about the start of A380 service out of Houston. Atlanta might go down that path, as it is more fuel efficient per passenger (than multiple smaller planes).

But... I must say one of the things I liked about flying Lufthansa from Atlanta, alot of the times that flight isn't full (so maybe an A380 is out of the question). I have absolutely loved the space and the service. I think skyteam has simply out competed the Star Alliance in Atlanta for most people. I think the main question is... if a once a day A380 serves Atlanta-Frankfurt, can they lower ticket prices enough to fill up the plane? Right now I'd say they are just a tad bit more expensive and have a 3/4 full smaller plane.

I use to fly the Lufthansa flight all the time several years back, not now I can't because of arrival times, costs, etc... Now I'm just as likely to connect through another U.S. airport or Amsterdam or Paris.
Great point, I think Lufthansa picks up alot of Middle East connecting traffic through Frankfurt. Since Delta cut the nonstop Atlanta- Tel Aviv flights, alot of people was using Lufthansa Frankfurt's hub to Israel back when I travel in May 2012 avoiding JFK. However I'm still impress that Lufthansa still have daily A340 service from Atlanta considering Skyteam European domination. I suspect that either Qatar or Emirates will be the next to annouce new international service. Also Air France will for sure bring it's 380 to Atlanta also.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 PM

3,715 posts, read 6,008,010 times
Qatar has already announced service to Atlanta on a 787 fwiw, by the end of 2013. But these days who knows.

At this point I'm mainly excited about new foreign-flagged carriers serving Atlanta. COPA or Avianca would be nice, for sure. But Atlanta's always going to be a second-tier market for any international carrier. I don't think there will ever be a foreign carrier that chooses Atlanta as its sole US gateway; the only remote possibility would be Kenya Airways (although they would probably serve JFK first).

Delta has Latin America covered extremely well, and is pushing Atlanta's direct flights to Europe to the max (demand has been annihilated by the recession over there; most airlines are cutting capacity for the foreseeable future). Atlanta to Asia flights will never be to more than just the most major cities (Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing). The only thing to be excited about is really Africa--that's the only place Atlanta has an opportunity to have an especially large number of direct flights to, after Latin America. I could see, in a decade or two, us having direct flights to most of Lagos, Accra, Johannesburg, Addis Ababa, Dakar, Luanda, and Nairobi.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,578 times
A380 Service cancelled from Seoul to Atlanta according to Airline Route

Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achluophobia View Post
A380 Service cancelled from Seoul to Atlanta according to Airline Route
eh, thats not the full story... They cancelled starting its service New years day. They still plan to roll it out in August.

As of yet my understanding is they have 10 weekly 777 flights, were going to switch to 7 weekly A380 flights, but now will do 3 A380 flights and 7 777 flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: