Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM

85 posts, read 187,094 times

Advertisements

ITT, lets talk about the great midtown condos =]

So far my list includes;

Spire
Metropolis
Viewpoint

I am wanting to stay on the East side of the highway, in a high rise, and within about half a mile or so from the bars on Crescent. From what I've seen all the party zone is between 10th and 14th. Also want to be within walking distance to Marta

I found an really nice little pad up at 16th and Peachtree, it faces south and I can see all of upper midtown, its near MARTA, and .5 miles from Sutra Lounge.

24 year old bachelor, good paying job, seeking the ultimate bachelor pad.

So what would this place suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,099,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
So what would this place suggest?
I don't really understand your question. All three properties you mentioned were built by the same developer - Novare Group. http://www.novaregroup.com/index.html

Floorplans to me, are very similar. Are you planning to rent or purchase? If you are planning to purchase, I would look at the last 6 months of sales. Are the prices holding? Are there many foreclosures or short sales? Are you planning on having this as a longterm home?

Good luck to you.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:40 PM

Renting for the next year, than I might look into buying....thanks for the insight, any insight to 1280 West?

I'll check out the developers site, I do really like 12 atlantic station but its not near all the walking I'd like to do.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Renting for the next year, than I might look into buying....thanks for the insight, any insight to 1280 West?

I'll check out the developers site..
1280 West is an apartment conversion to condominiums. I would rather be on Peachtree over West Peachtree. Since you are renting - where on Peachtree would you rather live? Did you like the amenities of one property over the other?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM

To be honest I LOVE the Spire. My only issue is I have a perfect credit report except one blemish from my college days when my party-throwing-roomie got us tossed out on our asses. I got denied today from one owner at the Spire due to this, but its my favorite building..it looks the nicest, 2nd I would rate Metropolis. It sucks too, I have had 5 leases in my name, and only 1 of them I got screwed on because of my noisy ass roommate.

As long as I can walk to marta, and am within 1 mile of everything Midtown (basically between ponce and 14th) I'd be happy. I want a nice view with those floor to ceiling windows..this is the start of a new life for me and I want the ultimate bach pad!

Any reason you wouldn't take west peachtree, is that far north sketchy or something?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Would you considering offering a higher security deposit? I wonder if that would be appealing to the landlord?

I just like the location of the buildings you mentioned over 1280 West's location.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Would you considering offering a higher security deposit? I wonder if that would be appealing to the landlord?

I just like the location of the buildings you mentioned over 1280 West's location.
I'm a great tenant, with references and a solid income. I'm not going to allow something that happened in my college days become and excuse for a landlord to gouge me for a deposit. My parents are landlords of many houses and I asked them the frequency of such occurrences with younger people getting scratches on their credit..they said that it happens more often then I might think.

I might consider a 30% premium on a deposit, but if they want another 50% + then it sounds like a Landlord I'm not interested in working with, we are all human and I'm a educated, successful young Engineer who doesn't need to "prove" how good of a tenant I can be, I have 5 other leases that were executed to fulfillment, that should be plenty of proof!

Old 09-22-2011, 06:14 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,520,602 times
I used to live in 1280 West several years ago. It's a great building with floor to ceiling windows, large pool, huge gym, indoor raquetball court, pool tables, etc... The downside was the location. Not a whole lot going on in the immediate area. On the upside I was paying $1325/mo for a 2 bed 2 bath with parking.

I moved to the area of 14th and Piedmont later and that's my favorite little corner of town. Anywhere over there and you're right next to Piedmont Park and within easy walking distance of everything on Crescent. You're also (slightly) removed from the Friday/Saturday late night traffic on Peachtree. I don't know if it's the same now as it was when I lived there (back when Vision was open), but traffic at those times was just a standstill. You'd go through several traffic light cycles without moving an inch.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
I used to live in 1280 West several years ago. It's a great building with floor to ceiling windows, large pool, huge gym, indoor raquetball court, pool tables, etc... The downside was the location. Not a whole lot going on in the immediate area. On the upside I was paying $1325/mo for a 2 bed 2 bath with parking.

I moved to the area of 14th and Piedmont later and that's my favorite little corner of town. Anywhere over there and you're right next to Piedmont Park and within easy walking distance of everything on Crescent. You're also (slightly) removed from the Friday/Saturday late night traffic on Peachtree. I don't know if it's the same now as it was when I lived there (back when Vision was open), but traffic at those times was just a standstill. You'd go through several traffic light cycles without moving an inch.
Febtober thank you! I was hoping to hear a review from someone that lived here..I really like the units location (31st floor), the view is AMAZING. Compared to the view from the top floor of the Metropolis (where all you can see is the Spire and Viewpoint) 1280 beats it out hands down.

I'm not really THAT concerned about 1280's location..its RIGHT next to a MARTA station, and its only .5 miles from Crescent and the party area so its easily walk-able/cab-able.

Any properties you would pick OVER 1280..I mean what I keep seeing is value..the price, the view, the unit is on the 31st floor with completely redone interior and updated kitchen/bedroom/hardwood floors..so right now its a hard deal to pass up! The only draw back is I heard that the units in 1280 do not has Washer/Dryer connections? Whats up with that LOL

Last edited by jetter2; 09-22-2011 at 06:56 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,520,602 times
Quote:
Febtober thank you! I was hoping to hear a review from someone that lived here..I really like the units location (31st floor), the view is AMAZING. Compared to the view from the top floor of the Metropolis (where all you can see is the Spire and Viewpoint) 1280 beats it out hands down.

I'm not really THAT concerned about 1280's location..its RIGHT next to a MARTA station, and its only .5 miles from Crescent and the party area so its easily walk-able/cab-able.

Any properties you would pick OVER 1280..I mean what I keep seeing is value..the price, the view, the unit is on the 31st floor with completely redone interior and updated kitchen/bedroom/hardwood floors..so right now its a hard deal to pass up! The only draw back is I heard that the units in 1280 do not has Washer/Dryer connections? Whats up with that LOL
The views definitley are great. I was on the 26th floor on the south corner, looking downtown. Sitting on the balcony at night was great. I think I had floorplan #9 at 1280west.com.

I've seen some listings online for units there and the prices seem to so low they almost look like scams. Do you know what the HOA fees are like? There's a 1 bedroom on craigslist for $50k, and I see some 2/2s on another site in the $100k area.

Back when I lived there at least (2006 I think) there were washer/dryers on each floor. They accepted a debit card kind of device that you loaded with money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta