Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 06:12 PM

231 posts, read 714,162 times

Advertisements

If a show at Gwinnett Civic Center goes late - 10 pm or later, perhaps - then what are the transportation options to get back into the city, other than taxi?
I can find no sign that buses run that late to the venue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 09:53 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,921,715 times
Here is the link for Gwinnett transit which should if you sift around on it show timetables for buses if they run that late or not: Gwinnett County, GA: Routes & Schedules

Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Here is the link for Gwinnett transit which should if you sift around on it show timetables for buses if they run that late or not: Gwinnett County, GA: Routes & Schedules
Thanks for the link, but as I had already stated, the buses do not run late, which is the reason for me searching for other options.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,921,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrac View Post
I can find no sign that buses run that late to the venue.
Based on this wording, I was assuming you simply had not found the correct route links on Gwinnett Transit.

To answer: Really, your only answer then would be a cab - sorry. They do have several cab services in Gwinnett. I'm only guessing, but I would think some would be hanging out in the area after an event as well.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:01 AM

That sucks. $40+ to get back into town is robbery. One would think the arena would provide a shuttle (like most arenas in large cities) to Doraville station, at least.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,978,340 times
Quote:
That sucks. $40+ to get back into town is robbery. One would think the arena would provide a shuttle (like most arenas in large cities) to Doraville station, at least.
Well Gwinnett Arena is a suburban arena. Most of the people who frequent it live in the area or in farther out exurbs. I don't think providing shuttles to MARTA would be at all advantageous for it. I'm sorry, but I think you're just going to have to take a cab.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
Well Gwinnett Arena is a suburban arena. Most of the people who frequent it live in the area or in farther out exurbs. I don't think providing shuttles to MARTA would be at all advantageous for it. I'm sorry, but I think you're just going to have to take a cab.
You really think it's mostly Gwinnett residents & other exurbanites going to the arena when it's the only location to see Katy Perry, Josh Groban, Keith Urban, etc? I'll need to disagree with you there. Each of these performances draws thousands from the city, who head back into the city afterward. And being Atlanta, that means for every 100 people attending, there are probably 50-70 cars coming up the interstate to the arena.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:28 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,355,575 times
Quote:
You really think it's mostly Gwinnett residents & other exurbanites going to the arena when it's the only location to see Katy Perry, Josh Groban, Keith Urban, etc? I'll need to disagree with you there. Each of these performances draws thousands from the city, who head back into the city afterward. And being Atlanta, that means for every 100 people attending, there are probably 50-70 cars coming up the interstate to the arena.
Perhaps this is the job for an entrepreneurial minded investor. Start up a joint venture with the arena for these events. If the project will return a profit, someone will invest in it. If not, perhaps it isn't a good idea. I don't want the local government to get stuck paying for people to get transportation to a concert. What is another $20 a person for a cab when you are presumably already paying $50 a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta