Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,581 times

Advertisements

I've read online that you can recycle empty cans just as you recycle typical household items.

Anything you can do with paint still in the can (habitat for humanity, etc)? I want to clear a few storage shelves worth in my workshop and basement. Willing to drive if need be. I worked at an Ace Hardware in high school and recall we had a paint can recycle program that lasted a week or so.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,771,750 times
You just missed the Carla Smith Annual Earth Day Event
http://district1atlanta.com/Files/Di...Collection.pdf

Check www.atlantapaintdisposal.com for other opportunities

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
You just missed the Carla Smith Annual Earth Day Event
http://district1atlanta.com/Files/Di...Collection.pdf

Check www.atlantapaintdisposal.com for other opportunities
Thanks for the info, but they charge you to recycle?

If I have a quarter gallon left, in a gallon bucket, they are going to charge me $3-4?? I have like 25 gallons to give away and that is going to cost me circa $100? That is absurd.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next event. The one at Perimeter College would have been perfect!!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM

416 posts, read 972,270 times
You can add kitty litter to absorb any paint remaining in each can. Then, dispose of with your normal trash pickup. Call your county/city trash service to verify in your area.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Marist High School on Ashford Dunwoody is having a recycling event this Saturday.

https://www.marist.com/podium/defaul...204&nid=721921

Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,274,128 times
There's a FABULOUS event taking place in DeKalb County (for DeKalb residents only) on October 1st. You can get rid of just about every kind of hazardous waste that you may have lying around. I went last year and got rid of paint, pesticides, and lots of other stuff!

Household Hazardous Waste Event
sponsored by Keep DeKalb Beautiful and DeKalb County Sanitation

Saturday, October 1, 2011
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.

DeKalb County Sanitation Division Central Transfer Station 3720 Leroy Scott Drive Decatur, GA 30030

What are household hazardous wastes?

Household hazardous wastes are products that contain potentially dangerous chemicals and are no longer in use. These items should not be disposed of in your regular trash because of its potentially harmful effects on our environment. This event will offer our County residents the opportunity to dispose of household hazardous wastes in a proper manner free of charge.

Items accepted:
Aerosols
Mercury
Batteries
Adhesives
Flammables
Lawn-care products
Automotive products
Fluorescent bulbs
Photo chemicals
Hobby and artists supplies
Paints and paint-related products
Cleaners and swimming pool chemicals
Florescent light bulbs
Items NOT accepted:
Agricultural wastes
Ammunition
Bio-hazardous/Bio-medical waste
Explosives
Non-hazardous waste
Pharmaceuticals
Radioactive materials

This event is free for DeKalb County residents only. IDs required. No registration required, though we recommend that you come early.

Keep DeKalb Beautiful Inc.
3720 Leroy Scott Blvd
Decatur , Georgia 30032

Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM

Dekalb is having their event again:

DeKalb County welcomes county residents to participate in the 2013 Spring Household Hazardous Waste Event on Saturday, April 6, 8:00 a.m. to noon at the DeKalb County Central Transfer Station, 3720 Leroy Scott Drive, Decatur, GA 30032.

The event, sponsored by Keep DeKalb Beautiful (KDB) and the DeKalb County Sanitation Division, in partnership with Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., gives county residents an opportunity to dispose of their household hazardous wastes properly and free of charge.

Household hazardous waste is classifies as products that contain potentially dangerous chemicals and are no longer used. These products should not be mixed with regular trash and can be potentially harmful to the environment if not disposed of porperly.

DeKalb County encourages residents to take advantage of this opportunity to clear their homes of unneeded or unused household hazardous waste and to help keep county landfills and the environment safe for everyone. The Following are lists of items that will and will not be accepted at the event. please make sure to bring only itmes on the items accepted list or they will be turned away.
Items to be accepted are: aerosols, mercury, batteries, adhesives, flammables, lawn-care products, automotiveproducts, flourescent bulbs, photo chemicals, hobby amd artist supplies, paints and paint-related products, and cleaners and swimming pool chemicals.
Items not to be accepted include: bio-hazards, medical and agricultural waste, pharmaceuticals and non-hazardous waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: