Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 PM

29 posts, read 140,350 times

Advertisements

We came out last week and did a whirlwind 3 day house-hunting trip in the L'Ville area and really liked the neighborhood and houses in The Preserve and Rivershyre subdivisions. They are both in the 30043 zip.

Does anyone have any info on these subdivisions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
djz

11 posts, read 66,819 times
I used to live in that area and it has changed a lot. They are both lovely neighborhoods but they are very close to a lot industrial parks. That area of Hwy 20 is very congested w/ work trucks. I would recommend trying up near the Hamilton Mill area of Dacula which is 10 minutes from there. Newer schools (Mill Creek Cluster is great). I think that's about the same price range. Depends on I guess if schools are a factor.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM

29 posts, read 140,350 times
djz - thanks for the info. We are looking in that area due to proximity to work (N. Brown Rd). Can you give me any subdivision names?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
djz

11 posts, read 66,819 times
Hamilton Mill is the one neighborhood that's really nice. But if you're looking near N. Brown Road- that may be too far. N. Brown Road is near a lot of nice neighorhoods- anything near the Sugarloaf Country Club has great schools. Peachtree Ridge Cluster is excellent.

If you're stuck on the 30043 zip code, try Edgewater/Richland neighborhoods. They are both really nice, older neighborhoods with very active swim tennis associations. They are also in the Collins Hill School district which is excellent.

Good luck with your search! Gwinnett County is a great place to live, we lived there for almost 10 yrs after relocating from Wash, DC. We have recently relocated to NW Atlanta due to my husbands job.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,004 times
Default House Hunting in The preserve and Rivershyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLarry View Post
We came out last week and did a whirlwind 3 day house-hunting trip in the L'Ville area and really liked the neighborhood and houses in The Preserve and Rivershyre subdivisions. They are both in the 30043 zip.

Hi, I am a real estate agent, with REmax Greater Atlanta. My office is there on Hwy 20/Buford Drive. My business partner and I are familiar with that area. Edgewater is another great neighborhood, right off of Hwy. 20 in the Collins HIll School district. If we can be of any assistance to you, please call 770-963-5181 and ask for Tami or Scott.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 16,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLarry View Post

Larry, I live in Rivershyre and have for 14 years. We raised 2 boys here and I can't say anything bad about it. Of course it is getting to be about 17 years old but people really keep it up for the most part. The school system is Collins Hill Cluster and has pretty high scoring in SAT's and had an excellent band and football program. I live on a cul de sac with no one behind me except trees and another neighborhood pretty far off. My husband and I are now empty nesters and don't need a house this big. If you are interested in looking at it give me your email address and I can send you pictures. We hve not put it on the market yet, but are getting ready to. Maybe you and I could save some money if you are interested. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 and a half baths. A library, a dining room, great room open from the kitchen and eating area. The kitchen has just been udated with granite, new sink, tile backsplash and cabinetry has been refinished. The floors have just been refinished as well. It has double stair case front foyer and from great room. The master is not huge but we ahve a big king in it and our dressers etc. The master bath has been gutted and new tile in shower and flooring. Cabinetry refinished as well. I am an interior decorator and a faux finisher so I have kept it up to date. I hate to leave it but our season is over for a big house. Our neighbors are great. We have had the same neighbors for about 13 yrs. except for one newly wed couple. The othe neighborhoods mentioned are nice as well but you will not find the prices any better than Rivershyre. We all think it is a geat kept secret.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 16,240 times
Oh my email address is Debbiehouchens@charter.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta