Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 PM

66 posts, read 145,804 times

Advertisements

On a Tuesday night concert that will probably turn out at 11pm to midnight, is there any place safe to go for drinks and something to eat?

Also what is the safest way to get around, for someone not familar with the city.

Also any recommendations on where to stay?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,380,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam530 View Post
On a Tuesday night concert that will probably turn out at 11pm to midnight, is there any place safe to go for drinks and something to eat?

Also what is the safest way to get around, for someone not familar with the city.

Also any recommendations on where to stay?

Thanks for any suggestions.
There's at least a TacoMac right at the entry to Phillips. One of biggest beer selections in the city, more TV screens usually showing sports than you can count (at least at most Taco Macs), and pretty good food. That's if you're looking for a sports bar feel...if you're looking to clink wine glasses, I got nothin' for ya.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:06 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,335,685 times
There's a rooftop bar on top of the Glenn hotel, one block from Philips Arena, which has an amazing view of the skyline and Centennial Park. I'm not sure if they serve food, though.

Glenn Hotel

It'd be a pretty good place to stay, as well, but their rooms are small.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,846,981 times
There is everything from Blimpie's to Mellow Mushroom to Hard Rock to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse....depends on what you are in the mood for. The same goes for hotel rooms.

Restaurants Near Philips Arena | Where The Locals Eat

Restaurants near Philips Arena - Sports Venue - Atlanta 30303 | Urbanspoon

Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,551,595 times
You can walk to Stats or the Max's pizza next door, good stuff.

My goodness the area is safe tons of police presence in that area...some of you make it seem you go downtown and there are rapings, murders and muggings going on constantly

Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You can walk to Stats or the Max's pizza next door, good stuff.

My goodness the area is safe tons of police presence in that area...some of you make it seem you go downtown and there are rapings, murders and muggings going on constantly
No just sending two young people not used to large cities. I know that it is safe when the concert turns out, but is there a large police presence later, enough to walk to area places near Philips.

I googled the area and it seems very spread out.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
There is everything from Blimpie's to Mellow Mushroom to Hard Rock to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse....depends on what you are in the mood for. The same goes for hotel rooms.

Restaurants Near Philips Arena | Where The Locals Eat

Restaurants near Philips Arena - Sports Venue - Atlanta 30303 | Urbanspoon
Thanks for the links.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 AM

439 posts, read 854,366 times
I agree with the Glenn Hotel. It is interesting how people are concerned with safety. We have so many posters that swear nothing ever happens downtown.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,551,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam530 View Post
No just sending two young people not used to large cities. I know that it is safe when the concert turns out, but is there a large police presence later, enough to walk to area places near Philips.

I googled the area and it seems very spread out.

Thanks
The area is very well lit, its busy and there is always police and the city security around. I've walked countless times around with no worry about safety.

The Glen hotel is literally across the street, I've eaten there a few times and its great. There is a rooftop lounge as well.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:36 PM

33 posts, read 57,735 times
What are you afraid of?? Techwood Homes has been gone for years. The worst you'll encounter down there is a bum asking for a dollar. I lived in atlanta from my birth in 1989 to 2008, seen dozens of shows and sporting events at the Omni and Philips Arena. Like most cities, Atlanta's "do not enter for any reason" areas are concentrated and not downtown. They will be fine!! Cops and people everywhere around CNN center when something's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta