Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:52 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,839,708 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10

So this is what it's like to find god... even an atheist can understand...

My only question is: what does it mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,401,203 times
Well laddie, a double rainbow means 2 pots of gold, instead of one. You have to keep and eye out for the wee people.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,555,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
even an atheist can understand...
That he as witnessed the refraction of light through droplets of water, creating a rainbow, the double comes from the refraction of the original, thus the colors are in reverse order, and the reaction is because he is trippin on some LSD or shrooms or stoned out of his gourd on some wacky weed.

Easy for an Atheist to understand, rather simple science.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,947,132 times
Rainbow guy meets Kermit the Frog

Double Rainbow Guy Meets Kermit The Frog (AUDIO)

Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 PM

287 posts, read 1,011,088 times
Here's a video response I did. Got on the Huffington Post, as well as some other sites.

OMG Cat Sees Double Rainbow (VIDEO)

Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,794,459 times
Too funny. I love double rainbows.

When I lived in Marathon Fl., I was looking in the water at the reflection of the sun and there was a rainbow around it. But I didn't dare look up. It's ONE of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,571,347 times
Yeah there's a name for a rainbow ring around the sun.
I can't remember what it is right now... but I've seen one as well.
They exist! You're not bananas!
Really amazing.

What about 'sundogs'?
Must be GOD!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Default I believe!

It can hardly be coincidence that, before I even knew your were going to post that, I was sitting last night poisoning myself with tobacco on a cool summer evening and watching the amazing sight of the moon apparently coming out of a cloud - cave with the moonlight shining on the grey walls and being reminded of Dore's religious prints. And I puffed on me pipe and reflected that, even though I have knowledge that it's actually the moon thousands of miles away, I can still be awed at the scene while not actually having the supernatural fear via ignorance of what I was seeing.

Now let any purblind sckeptical unbeliever try to tell me that was just a coincidence! The odds are millions to one against...there MUST be something more to it....

Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,571,347 times
It simply must!

You know the other night I was walking from my bed to the bathroom late at night. You know, half asleep in frog pajamas, and I happened to look out the window and I saw a tree that reminded me exactly of a tree I had played on as a kid when I lived in San Antonio. Or actually just North of San Antonio. well, really more like North EAST of San Antonio. And it wasn't really a tree it was more like a metal sculpture. Well, now that I think of it it was a swingset. but the kind of swing set that had monkey bars. And it was painted like a candy cane. Yummy. God that thing was dangerous though, I'm lucky I didn't get lockjaw. Anyhoo, I was reminded of that winsome candy cane colored metal swing-tree and the thought I once had awoken late at night as a child and had been walking to the bathroom and had thought about a tree!

Now.....let any namby pamby unilever coworker tell me that THAT isn't the work of the great Skyman's unique sense of humor. Go ahead, tell me. Verily I say unto you it must be.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
[youtube]OQSNhk5ICTI[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10[/URL]

So this is what it's like to find god... even an atheist can understand...

My only question is: what does it mean?
I know! It means God is gay!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism