Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:47 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times

Advertisements

Japan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM

21 posts, read 44,570 times
I am neither a well travelled tourist... both world and web. Hence a late note on this subject. Phillipinoes are friendlyand humane. Lovely place, I am told. A nation of islands (7,000?). I must mention MALAYSIA.... for its beaches, highland resorts,
the people, numerous locations including countyside, and blessings of nature.
The weather, the birds, the blooms and countryside make excellent photography. Transport systems are adequate. Accomodation wise, all upto 5 stars available.

ThiruselvamK
Malaysia.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:30 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I did my qualifying thesis on Asia. In fact my focus was Southwest Asia, known to many as 'the Middle East'. Geographers certainly consider the middle east to be part of Asia. Classes concerning Middle Eastern History, Geography and Language were part of the Asian Studies curriculum at my University.

'Asia' is a geograhically defined term that describes a landmass which encompasses everything from Turkey's Aegean coast and the Ural mountains east to the Pacific and southeast to the Indian Ocean plus the eastern islands close to the landmass (i.e. Phillipines, Taiwan, etc.).

'The Middle East' is a culturally defined term which encompasses the mainly Arab and Muslim influenced areas of Southwest Asia and usually North Africa as well.

'Asia' can mean many things to many people. In much of the English speaking world, if you say that you are 'Asian' they assume you are Indian or Pakistani. Elsewhere, China or Japan come to mind. You can't assume that everyone shares your linguistic provinciality.

ABQConvict

Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
None....they are all cruel to animals and most eat our pets!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
A country tried to eat your pet? woah!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:17 AM

895 posts, read 2,366,087 times
For scenery only?

China
Japan (im japanese)
Thailand

For people

Thailand
Japan
Korea
China

For "modern" or "cool"
Japan
korea
Hong kong
Taiwan

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Elena View Post
CMDallas & caution,
I know you said you liked the people in the Philippines but didnt' you find it too hot and humid?
ALL SE Asian countries are hot and humid! I've sweated in all of them from Singapore to Manila to Bangkok to Phnom Penh to Jakarta. I found Luang Prabang, Vientiane and Chiang Mai a little more bearable.. perhaps it was the altitude.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Indonesia was quite nice when I when there. Good shoping, beaches, ancient ruins, theater, fishing I loved it. It was not terrible in terms of heat and humidity, but then again most of the time I spent there we were either fairly close to the sea or in the mountains. It was very nice though I would also like to visit Malaysia if I have the chance to return to SE Asia.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 AM

243 posts, read 704,030 times
I dont think we shud point that some contries is missed. i admitt aim not sure on all asian contries my self.

But The Philippines is my choise.
love the pep. love the places there. love the climat. love evrything there.

in may i go there again. and ofc meet my love again.
was there two times last year. hope to be there atleast two times this year too.
fantastic place

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 AM

700 posts, read 2,596,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree that there are some amazingly cruel acts against all animals in many countries (including the US!)
But lets take the Chinese, those dogs are not "pets" to them, its meat..To us its Fluffy the loving pet. Now I dont condone that in anyway, shape or form...
Just saying that one persons pet is another's dinner...Remember these can be very poor people.

Im mean in India and parts of Thailand they revere cows as holy and scared and would never dream to eat beef...but many countries have no issue with slapping them between a bun and calling it dinner. Is one more or less cruel then the other?

In Japan now, and maybe for awhile...Fur is still popular..To me that is worse, as it is not a necessity to sustains once life like protein.
Just my opinion....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia