Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:53 AM

22 posts, read 71,581 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving to Salem, AR. My mom moved there a few years back and now I would love to move my family there. Any tips on jobs for my husband and I. My husband is interested in almost anything construction, labor, mechanics, ect (guy stuff). I am a Pharmacy Technician. I have 2 small children and I would love for them to grow up in a small town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,292,569 times
I like Salem!

My spouse is a pharmacist in Russellville and previously worked for Kroger - they pay pharmacy techs about better than anyone else, but try not to get into one of the 24 hr. stores...ick...unless you like midnights (shudder...)

Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,500,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2angels View Post
I am planning on moving to Salem, AR. My mom moved there a few years back and now I would love to move my family there. Any tips on jobs for my husband and I. My husband is interested in almost anything construction, labor, mechanics, ect (guy stuff). I am a Pharmacy Technician. I have 2 small children and I would love for them to grow up in a small town.
Iam about 15 miles from you, Iam sure you will love it their. I think he will not have much of a problem finding work in construction and most of us need a pill or two, their may be more work in the Ash Flat area for you two. It may pay for you to have a look at jobs in the area before you move.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 PM

22 posts, read 71,581 times
How about homes or apartments for rent in the Salem area?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:37 PM

4 posts, read 35,662 times
We just moved to SW arkansas from the Tri-Cities. My best advice get ready for the weather change. The Tri-Cities weather was wonderful and it had been so long ago that we were in humid weather that we forgot how uncomfotable it is. I also forgot how bad the bugs are in humid weather. So bring a good full can of off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas