Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:05 PM

837 posts, read 2,248,824 times

Advertisements

fried, pickled, stewed, in gumbo, it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,682 times
OK, I've only lived here for a little over twenty-two years so I'm just a newcomer. I've found that the very best southern food is the Vietnamese stuff. Make sure it's SOUTHERN Vietnamese, though.

If you're looking for poke salet (no, it's NOT poke SALAD) then just make your own. That way it's REALLY fresh.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrubov View Post
OK, I've only lived here for a little over twenty-two years so I'm just a newcomer. I've found that the very best southern food is the Vietnamese stuff. Make sure it's SOUTHERN Vietnamese, though.

If you're looking for poke salet (no, it's NOT poke SALAD) then just make your own. That way it's REALLY fresh.
Have you tried Saigon Express yet?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
Default Best suthern food in FS

Eunice's Country Cooking Country Cooking

3325 South 74th Street

Fort Smith, AR 72903-5023
(479) 484-1465

I probably misspelled it.
Best food in northern Arkansas.

But for pies, go to Vicky's place in Hatfield Ar.
No better pies anywhere in the world.
Wellll, except maybe a tie with the Hen House in Bourbon Mo.

Last edited by bigbikerdude; 04-06-2011 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: oops

Old 04-06-2011, 12:19 PM

200 posts, read 682,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
All of the above. I prefer the first better, but I like the second as well. I have never heard of tomato relish?
Color me stunned. Could not be more stunned had you started speaking Greek and sprouted a second head.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 8,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
I just miss Worldburger.
I miss Worldburger too!

Calico County
Catfish Cove
Lewis' Cafeteria - Diner style food. Many choices on the menu.

It's been a while since I've eaten eaten at Calico County and Catfish Cove so the quality may or may not have changed.
Lewis' Cafeteria is always good. Go there every time I visit.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,070 times
I've had tomato relish but we always called it salsa and dipped chips in it.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I've had tomato relish but we always called it salsa and dipped chips in it.
Not the same thing, brother.

Over the years, I've eaten in a very large part of the area between Mountain Home, Hardy, to Batesville. Restaurants have come and gone. Good and bad.

However, one of the many factors I grade on, is if they serve tomato relish (and hushpuppies), with my catfish.

A side bowl of beans with some big ol' chunks of bacon don't hurt a thing neither.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:13 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Not the same thing, brother.

Over the years, I've eaten in a very large part of the area between Mountain Home, Hardy, to Batesville. Restaurants have come and gone. Good and bad.

However, one of the many factors I grade on, is if they serve tomato relish (and hushpuppies), with my catfish.

A side bowl of beans with some big ol' chunks of bacon don't hurt a thing neither.
Now I'm hungry.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 8,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrubov View Post

Ah, poke salet! Been a while since I've heard that one.

Yeah, Vietnamese food is good. Bowl of pho noodles or chargrilled pork with broken rice, yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas