Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 AM

86 posts, read 255,162 times

Advertisements

I saw this about Van Buren on a thread here. What does this mean?
-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooxie
HI! I need help in finding a safe decent area to rent a house. My sweetie is gone a lot and I will be alone alot. I'm relocating from Las Vegas probably 1st of October and I'm scared to death! I did a quick car tour last week, I was told anywhere above 66th st will start the nice residential area's. I'm not seeing to many listings in the newspaper. I really don't want an apartment but may have to..How is HarborTown, The fairways and Chapelridge? Any input is greatly appriciated! I also wil have to expand my Swiss Skin Care business, so I need to start connecting with some networking groups, Chamber etc. Thanks to all

Not familiar with Fort Smith, besides general areas. I know in Van Buren I would stay north of atleast popular.

good post, doodoo.

----------------------------------------
What does North of Popular mean? Is Popular a street in Van Buren?
I also have a ? about flooding. Would Van Buren or Greenwood be safer in a flooding or where does it flood mostly around Fort Smith, Van Buren or Greenwood? Stay tuned as I will probably have more ?'s. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 04:11 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Probably Poplar St.

Can't help you on flooding...

Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
North Van Buren would be your best bet. It is the one place in the river valley that is actually experiencing growth. Fort Smith...can be iffy but your are good if you stay on the south side down towards Barling or out towards Fianna Hills. Greenwood isn't a very welcoming community if you weren't born and raised there. Also give Alma a look, farther to the east. Its a nice community with an excellent school district.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM

155 posts, read 662,182 times
What is your budget? Van Buren has good neighborhoods and some not so good neighborhoods. However, Van Buren, to me, is a lot safer of a city than Fort Smith. As chris mentioned Van Buren is growing, we're getting some new restuarants and business's etc. Have a new Malco movie theatre.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 AM

86 posts, read 255,162 times
I am mostly concerned about flooding. Just doing future potential retiring research. thank you.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM

155 posts, read 662,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancygal View Post
I am mostly concerned about flooding. Just doing future potential retiring research. thank you.
Flooding seems to be a problem in the neighborhoods off of Dora road, which is the western side of the city. There also is flooding problems on the southside of the city in flat rock neighborhood. I am sure there is a mix here and there in the southern areas of town, but the city has been doing a lot of work with drainage and such trying to fix that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas