Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 PM

140 posts, read 475,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyo View Post
My recent experience with Yellville. About 2 years ago I started buying a a small cabin on land contract from a person in Yellville. I was scheduled to move ther and became ill. I ended up staying with relatives while I dealt with my kidney issues. After a couple of months I was able to get a job and keep my payments on my home. My health has stabalized and I made plans to move to Yellville. I contacted a local man that does the yard work for me and asked him to straighten up the yard. He did and emailed me and stated my cabin no longer had my many boxes in it, nor my water tank in the back yard , nor my mail box. I was robbed. Most of my worldly possession were contained in boxes in my cabin. The cabin is located on the outskirts of town, next to a church/graveyard. I called the local sherriff and spoke with th lady dispatcher. She was insensitive and stated I should have expected to be robbed since the cabin was unoccupied. That was expected in that area. I then tried to phone th mayor to speak to him about my troubles and the lady that answered the phone would not take my name or number and said I would just have to drop in and try to catch him to speak to him. He doesnt keep regular hours. I felt victimized by the criminals and further victimized by the insensitive police and local government. I also emailed the local chamber of commerence and still havent gotten a reply. The problem is that I cant sell the property because it being land contract. If I backed out of the deal I would loose thousands of dollars. I dont think Yellville deserves a nurse with over 15 years experience. All of what I have researched online about Yellville is an ongoing horror story. In the next few days I will be driving to Yellville to see about a nursing position and to inspect my empty cabin. I do not have the money to replace the items stolen. Most of which I need to survive the winter. I am between a rock and a hard spot. I need to move and yet I feel as though I dont have anywhere to go.
I am very sorry to hear of your unfortunate troubles, yes you deserve better . 1. Go on yahoo free cycle groups type in Marion county, Baxter, Boone also, ask for what you need and why, keep it short and sweet not bitter, and end with G-d Bless you, hoping this will loosen up some help.
2.Get to know any neighbors to watch out for you, there are many nice folks up here, we found out 4yrs ago when we moved here from a Big City.
3. If you have a Church Faith you find one here to match up and ask for help.
4.there is a Food Bank in Flippin ,(i believe thats correct,or its Yellville,both towns next to each other,you probably know that already.
5. We will meet with you for a coffee and bring you eggs when we come to town for free-the best part is we raise them well and range fed-our neighbors fight over them they are so good.
Ok, so where are you getting your Nursing Job at ?We wish you well. Thiefs are the same all over the world ,the crime here is very low, and people stop to help you when your car breaks down, in Snow or summer.I am not the welcoming comitee for yellville or in Politics- We are on a limited income but help in any way we can. direct message us here with your email address or phone, Oh dont buy ALLtel its service is not the best up here-actually track phones work fine and ATT on Cell. Best Wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,593 times
sara lynn,
hi, midcentral-middleaged couple with teenaged children thinking of relocating to escape the cold snowy winters and enjoy some sunshine down south.I have never been to ark.and I have heard that hotsprings area is beautiful.We are from a small town of 30,000 don"t care to much for the big city life like n.y or l.a. looking for the small town feel, but I also want conviences shopping walmart is fine & dollar tree.
are these stores in cabot or in vicinity?
My teens love water sports,water parks, biking trails,rollerskating,& ymca.Is there any of these activities in cabot? or would we have to go to the next communitiy?
We were considering cabot or hotsprings little rock area. We are working people in manufacturing and commercial roofing would these job posistions be available in cabot? or would we have to commucute to little rock to work and how far of a commute would that be?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,050 times
Glenwood is wonderful! It's small and could use a movie theater but other than that, it has all the amenities you need. There's a grocery store, gas stations, dollar stores, restaurants, video rental places, barbers, everything. The people are friendly and the scenery is outstanding. If you want good Chinese food though, you have to drive to Hot Springs so make sure that you do any other shopping you need to do if you go so that you get it all done at once. The wife and I have a chance to get an acre from the in laws and we are considering moving the family there in a year or two. The drive to Hot Springs is no more than we currently drive between La Crosse, Wisconsin and Winona, Minnesota. Can't beat that!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 16,199 times
I heard hot springs arkansas is a beautiful place to live i want to move there but im kinda scared of the tornadoes and im wondering if me and my husband can find jobs to support our family. we both would like to have a new life in a new state and good school for children.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times
OK, I want to say something....I currently live in MA. My husband and I live in a historical reproduction home which we are currently preparing to put on the market. We're in Western MA on the CT border...its gorgeous here. However, our kids and grandkids are in the NWA area and St. Louis,MO area. We have visited NWA for most of 2011 from trip to trip visiting our kids.
It reminds us of New England!! We are searching for homes now in that area! We REALLY like it there!! We lived in St. Louis, MO for 10 years and understand the heat and humidity. Our kids and grandkids are now all out there and darn it we're tired of spending the $$$$ just to see them! We are currently working with a great realtor agent in the NWA area and so far we love what we see.....and B.T.W., we've travelled around so much of that area including the MO. area as well.. Many areas are like New England. Rolling hills, country roads, and our babies are there! We are preparing our "Deerfield,MA" reproduction for the market as our hearts are now out in NWA!
Any way, I just wanted to give that area a "thumbs up". Its a great area to retire in which we are thinking about at this time of our lives. Also, there are tons of great arts and crafts opportunities in that area which we are interested in. I paint portraits, and my husband is a photographer! I believe we will fit in just fine.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,505 times
^necrobump
I do some metal art but I don't know if its any good.
welcome to Arkansas

Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 AM

26 posts, read 68,948 times
OP ended up happily in Colorado, so for her the answer was ultimately 'no'

Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double edge View Post
OP ended up happily in Colorado, so for her the answer was ultimately 'no'
thanks, it is always nice to hear what happens when someone is thinking about re-locating, etc. Sometimes they ask questions and we never hear what they ended up doing. Thanks again, Co is a nice place to live, AR is better!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 AM

393 posts, read 1,114,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks, it is always nice to hear what happens when someone is thinking about re-locating, etc. Sometimes they ask questions and we never hear what they ended up doing. Thanks again, Co is a nice place to live, AR is better!!!
Yes, I often wonder that, especially on threads that are several years old.

I suppose it was predictable. She's from a liberal state. Colorado is another.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 AM

570 posts, read 1,582,821 times
We moved to north east Arkansas from the pits of South California. Love it here, We have so much more freedom in Arkansas than SoCal. And taxes are so much lower. I could never understand why anyone would want to retire in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas