Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM

389 posts, read 1,218,748 times

Advertisements

Agreed. Pine Bluff should be ruled out. I live in Hot Springs myself and it suits me but I am retired. Benton/Bryant should work for most people. Don't know about Conway but it is a possible. As some have pointed out, the Village (largest gated community in the US) is another possible.

In Hot Springs would recommend looking south of the by-pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
I just found a beautiful neighborhood by chance while I was looking at the areas that RazorbacksWPS was talking about...it's just south of Lake Foreman, between N. Mississippi and Reservoir Rd. Tons of well-kept older homes, many of them split level because of the curvy, hilly streets, some large and impressive, some smaller and plainer, but still very clean, neat, and well kept....I saw walking paths along the road here and there, lots of trees, very wooded....really pretty.

What is that neighborhood called?

Cammack Village looks nice also....older, more mid-century looking homes, but still very well kept. What is that huge square in the middle of the neighborhood with the fancy driveway, some kind of estate?

Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
That's Leawood. Or are you talking further south? Right at Mississippi and Markham is Wingate.

I'm not sure which estate you are talking about in Cammack. There's a lot of old money in the northern portion of Cammack. Most of Cammack is post war homes but it is a very nice area of town with its own police department, elementary school, park, swimming pool, etc. A great place to raise kids. If you have the money to live on the upper northern portion, I am up for adoption.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:34 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
That's Leawood. Or are you talking further south? Right at Mississippi and Markham is Wingate.
If you look on google maps, it's the curvy streets north of W. Markham, south of Cantrell, and in between Reservoir and N. Mississippi on the east and west. A very pretty little neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I'm not sure which estate you are talking about in Cammack.
Again, if you look at google maps where it says "Cammack Village" (it shows up at just a hair above the middle on the zoom level bar), there is a large square area in the middle, just across from Jefferson Elementary, that has no streets through it, just wooded area. On the street view you can see a nice fancy entrance on one corner, but I see no sign to indicate what may be in there. Take it back, on closer inspection (zooming) I can see some sort of sign inside the gate. Boy, those plum trees are beautiful!

So anyway, I couldn't afford to live in any of those neighborhoods, but I was thinking the OP was asking about nice LR neighborhoods. I may be confusing this thread with another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas