Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 PM

45 posts, read 155,007 times

Advertisements

Great photos!! I used to live in Fayetteville and it was alway such a nice a drive up there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 16,306 times
North Arkansas is beautiful!At one time the southern part of the state was too,until the timber companies bought everything and cleared the trees for miles.But my favorite part of the year is traveling to Fayetteville to watch the hogs play and seeing all the pretty colors along the way.Beautiful!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,283 times
I'm glad the OP enjoyed the visit!

Old 08-28-2019, 12:20 PM

11 posts, read 15,963 times
Default Can't wait to go back to Arkansas

This might sound weird or nostalgic but I had wanted to go to Arkansas since I was a teenager. I finally got down there this summer (I'm 59 now) and Arkansas exceeded my expectations in terms of the natural beauty and the friendly people. We visited the Eureka Springs area and kayaked on Beaver lake and the Kings River.
Now I want to live there, probably somewhere near Eureka Springs, although I've heard that Jasper is one of the most beautiful areas of the state. I'll have to wait a couple of years for my teenage sons to graduate high school, but I hope to make more frequent visits in the meantime and maybe even buy a lot to build a cabin on someday. My only regret is that I didn't get down there sooner.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:40 PM

383 posts, read 399,893 times
Make sure you travel further east toward Mountain Home. Seriously beautiful. I am partial to Yellville area. I hear Jasper is beautiful as well.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:41 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Make sure you travel further east toward Mountain Home. Seriously beautiful. I am partial to Yellville area. I hear Jasper is beautiful as well.

You've never been to Jasper? You're missing the most beautiful area in the ozarks. We have the elk, big beautiful bluff lines, waterfalls, Buffalo National river, Arkansas grand canyon, some of the most stunning views in the state. I know people who live in Mountain Home and Flippin who have weekend cabins here. This place is a must see for anyone traveling through Arkansas.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,092 times
Everything hollynia said plus more! Great places to eat south of town, in town and west of town at low gap. Some of the best hiking trails in the state. I don’t think it is in the cards for me to ever live in the area, but I have been a regular visitor for decades and that has never lost its appeal. I still look forward to every trip to the area and always leave with some great memories.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:26 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,037 times
I gotta jump in here Y'all keep writing about the Ozark Plateau, but you ain't seen nothin until you see the Ouachita Mountains . Now that's where paradise originated!

Old 08-29-2019, 04:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,092 times
Can’t argue with that, my friend. There is some beautiful country out west of hot springs that I have explored a little. Some of the same great things we said about newton county can be said that area also.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:19 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Arkansas is a truly visually, naturally beautiful state. It is underrated as a travel destination, and as a place to live.

I would have been one of those "Arkansas under-raters" had my brother not been granted a position as a professor there, some twenty years ago. Then he married an Arkansan, so I think he's a lifer.

Arkansas has so much to offer. It suffers because unlike GA or the Carolinas, it's not on the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas