Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,170 times

Advertisements

Golden Valley is a nice town there is 1 school for elementary and Jr high combo the weather is beautiful the crime rate is zero were we live the neighbors are freindly there is a real nice restraunt on hwy 68 called KC's Our house is for sale in Golden Valley (928) 565-2362 its a 4 bedroom 3 bath 2 living rooms 2 dining rooms and kitchen and laundry room and 2 car garage beautiful lanscaping and the view is beautiful please call us if interested thanks George and Denise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 PM

43 posts, read 225,702 times
Default I'm in Golden Valley! Howdy!

I've moved here about, Oh, gosh! I suck remembering things!, but it's been, I think, almost 2 years? I lived in Bullhead and hated it greatly, Laughlin was okay, but there's nothing there! And I didn't like Ft. Mohave either, see Bullhead above. I do, however, like Kingman. We go there for shopping, library trips, park days, you name it! I think it's cleaner here than Bullhead was or ever will be, and we live on over 2 acres, I mean, who doesn't love that!? Gotta have my space! I don't know much about the schools, but they have to be better than Bullhead, right? And Kingman has some nice schools as well, I've heard, anyway! Kingman has a nice library and nice, clean parks, where Bullhead's were nasty. The parks, not the library, I mean. I just enjoy being out here ALOT better than when I was in Bullhead, Ft. Mohave or even Laughlin. People sometimes say that there's nothing to do out here-well, are they even looking!?!? There's plenty to do if you find and make the time!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,104 times
ive lived in golden valley for a long time now ive had tools stolen dog killed and they almost broke in my house till i stoped them but i like it here its a good place to live if you keep everything locked up there is alot of drugs around here and in kingman if you have kids in school i would put them in k12 its a school on the computer the schools are bad around here i took my kids out

Old 02-18-2008, 02:27 PM

74 posts, read 384,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonijah View Post
I am planning on moving to Golden Valley, AZ. from Kansas City, MO.

I need real, honest answers as to the rate of crime, quality of schools and general living conditions of the area.

You generally only get a view through rose-colored glasses from real estate agents who are just looking to sell you a home.

We're looking at the west side (farthest from Kingman) because it looks more rural out there, but I've heard a few things about meth users/pushers in the Kingman/GV areas, is it really that bad?

Kansas City sucks in the crime aspect, that I can tell you from personal experience of living here for the last 23 years. (I lived in Wickenburg, AZ. before that).

I am dying to get back to the place I loved, but I am having second thoughts after hearing such negative chatter on these threads.

Any honest, personal experience(s) are appreciated! Thanks!
Best ans. is u stay away from problem people and your chances of problems r greatly reduced. I have not ran into one problem since I've been here in 3 years. As for the west side, great area especially so. of hwy 68. On schools u will have to ask someone else, (taxes r low).
There will probablly be hardly any crime compared to KC.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:47 AM

43 posts, read 225,702 times
Default Is Golden Valley Really That Bad?

I agree with Spoole1. Everyone's talking about drugs and crime like it's rampant out here! Okay, I'm off of Egar, but, well, how come I'm not seeing any of the action? My street is so peaceful! And I've got awesome neighbors! That's it! I live on the most boring street! I mean, I know drugs and crime exist everywhere, but, really!, the way some people make it sound! Don't move there! They all seem to be saying. It's ugly and nasty with run down junky single wide trailers and you have to drive on gravel roads! Oh, no! It's hell on earth! You won't like it! Stay far, far away! And you'll get robbed! Your car will get stolen or broken into! The thieves will steal all your silverware! Hide your watch under the mattress! Buy a dog! What's all the ruckus about? I haven't ever had any problems while living out here, well, gas prices keep me in a bit more, but, well, nothing as bad as some have made out! Okay, I had a lady behind us with numerous dogs and she let them roam all over the valley, and to find them she would stand on top of her roof and whistle loudly for them. Then, another neighbor near her said she saw her taking a shower outside using the hose one morning.........strange dogs are always on the loose. Oh, and someone's dumping horse poop along the sides of the road on Chino. But, don't move here, you might get bitten by one of those loose dogs! And your mail will get stolen! And your mailbox will get a beating. Oh, and as for schools, I agree with AZcowboy, look into the K12 online school or you could homeschool. I find Golden Valley and Kingman homeschool friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona