Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,423 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
My husband, my daughter, and I are looking into moving to Arizona. I am currently a certified teacher in NY (Buffalo). Arizona is one of the few interesting places that is hiring teachers w/limted experience. I know about the whole climate, water utility etc...What I would really like to know is the nitty gritty information on Casa Grande School district and city. How are the schools as of late (this means specifically within the past year) and what is the town like? I've heard some sketchy information about Casa Grande, I would really love to hear from someone who currently lives there. Are there bad areas? Where are the good areas? Also if possible I'm looking for a nearby home with some land and seclusion, i.e. no developments, a nice home where I don't see my neighbors...I need affordability, and something within a half hour of Casa Grande. If anyone has any useful information please post, and thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,942 times
Hi, I've lived in Casa Grande for three years in a new home and I love it here. A lot has changed over the last few years and the city is really a nice place now. Here are some major Casa Grande websites that should answer most of your questions: Casa Grande 411 AZ Arizona 85222 - Home http://www.casagrandeaz.gov The Greater Casa Grande Chamber of Commerce

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,346,642 times
Yes, alot has changed here from what I understand. I ve been here under a year, but my sister in law works as a teacher at one of the Junior High Schools. She is doing very well and there is alot of room for advancement. She just got her masters in administration and feels confident she will get a principal spot within the next two years at one of the schools. This after having only been in the district less than 5 years.

As for finding someplace secluded......that will be a little difficult in Casa Grande itself. Most of the decent neighborhoods are all the normal suburban tract homes. There are some outlying areas that are more desert/farming (Stanfield to the west, Coolidge to the East) but there are FEW if any amenities in these areas and I dont know enough about the areas to make any suggestions.

In town itself, there are no really "bad" areas as most would think....but if you decide to live in the city, try and keep it north of McMurray blvd and East of Pinal in general. There are definetely exceptions...the area near the City Golf Course is nice, and is west of Pinal, but as a rule, the areas Im talking about are the newer developments.

P S - She was also a teacher in New York prior to moving here.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 PM

641 posts, read 2,368,189 times
I live in Arizona City and there are some homes here with seclusion. Eight miles from casa grande.

North of Casa Grande are some new homes that are pretty secluded yet close, off Mcartney road.

Hope that helps

Old 01-02-2009, 01:22 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,346,642 times
Amatrine is correct about the homes north of McCartney - I actually live in McCartney Ranch....but I thought those houses north of McCartney (Actually more like near Val Vista Blvd behind the Ghost Ranch subdivision etc) were on the GR Indian Reservation - but I could be wrong! Still figuring out city/county/IR boundaries here which are changing constantly. Also, one other thought - we just annexed the Fransisco Grande Resort area and I think there are some pretty good sized lots for some homes over there too....that area is only 10 mins outside of town.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 AM

551 posts, read 2,727,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Also, one other thought - we just annexed the Fransisco Grande Resort area and I think there are some pretty good sized lots for some homes over there too....that area is only 10 mins outside of town.
Funny that you mention this. If you drive a little further west (~1-2 miles past the Fransisco) on the 84, you will see two fairly large (+3000 sq ft) houses that almost look like they might be future model homes -- if they ever decide to try and develop this area for residential living.

Of course, in this economy, it will probably be a couple of decades before this ever happens -- if it is ever going to happen.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,600 times
Don't do it.
Some would say it's a "hick" town but I say it's a cotton farm town which is wonderful. As for the "growth and expansion" of Casa Grande? Replacing beautiful cotton fields with trac-homes is not growth.
If you enjoy mtns. they are east of you, Pacific ocean and San Diego west. Centrally located.
I know of a brand new High School near completion but nothing of academic placement within the state.
Look at Maricopa, AZ up the road too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona