Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM

4 posts, read 21,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzC99f View Post
I am new with this site so bear with me. I contacted a surveyor. They were going to send me a pkg for splitting the property and presenting all to the county. They never mailed it even after a 2nd call. But they did tell me in their past experience that an owner requesting to split was required to put a well on the property or maybe a well on each parcel. That is absurd. We want to split the property and then in approx 3 yrs move there and build a house on one parcel What would I need a well there for before I am ready to build? HAve you heard this rumor? I am still interested in splitting and getting anxious to move & start building. Has anyone heard if there has been any zone changes for commercial on Alamo Road-(rumor)? Our parcel is Alamo Rd, Rialito and Knox area. I sure hope the well doesnt run over $7500, property values have plummeted. My dream home may be out the window.
What surveyor did you use? Mohave Engineering did the original survey for the Stagecoach Trails development, but they won't do certain areas out there like the Yucca townsite. I used CSNA on my Yucca townsite property.
Let me try to explain the water issue. There are no regulations requiring water when you do rezones. The problem is that a few years back P&Z adopted a plan known as the "Matrix" that was being used to force developers to put in needed infrastructure upfront. The County Board of Supervisors had planned on approving it but was met with alot of very upset citizens. They backed off on adopting it into law, but never threw it out either, just kind put it away so it speak. Unfortunately P&Z has been very resistant to NOT using it when making recommendations to the Board and tends to make their judgements based off of it.
First I need to know what you property size is? It will be dependent upon that. It could becould become a bigger issues the smaller the size do to setbacks and floodplain. The Knox area has many 2.5 acre parcels with many washes so that could be an issue since private wells are not allowed below 1 acre. But if you are have 40 acre parcel that can be divided down to 4 10 acre parcels, then you must likely will get it approved by the Board.
Here is the scenario; If you were to put 1 well on your 40, P&Z will approve it. If you don't have a well then P&Z will more than likely deny it, but it will still go before the board. Now since Chairman Byers is no longer in charge and I have yet seen how the new board runs things, there is a change I could be wrong, but in the past when someone from Stagecoach Trails applied for a split Byers would refer to District 3 Supervisor Buster Johnson for his opinion and generally Buster would motion to overturn the P&Z decision and the 3 board members would approve the rezone. The only times (twice) I have seen them not is when Buster is not attending in person. Otherwise they have approved them.
Hope this has helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,124 times
I am brand new to this site and have read your posts about a well and surveyor for the Golden Valley area. I am actually in need of someone in the Golden Valley Ranchos area just west behind the Chrysler Grounds near Yuca.
I see that your posts were many months ago and wonder if I will get any reply at all.... If you are still out there Thanks...

Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 9,733 times
I own property in golden valley ranchos i am interested in finding out how much it cost to have water hauled if you put in a cistern, as wellll as how deep a well would be in that area. I am not to sure exactly how far i am from alamo road but not that faR

Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,663 times
It's a great area. The only caveat is that there is a cattle ranch in the middle. The cattle roam, leave droppings, and eat vegetation anywhere that is not fenced in. So if you don't want them on your property, you have to fence in all or a portion of your 40 acre lot. Many property owners just fence in the area where they are going to build.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
Hi neighbors in yucca,I own a 40 acre land in santa fe ranch at stagecoach trails,, I am trying to find a contact number for the hoa need to know if the roads are accessible. Now,hope someone can help me with some info . Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona