Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 AM

183 posts, read 244,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
it's Kitt Peak for the observatories......

gee, with all these helpful replies, I hope the OP will report back, at least......
Not to rain on the parade, I checked out his profile...and it appears he isn't particularly active on the site. It'd be a miracle if he actually returned to this post. If anything, he'd only use the site to pose a different question for whichever situation he has at that time. However, don't despair ! Our answers can be keyword searched and is search engine optimized to search engines meaning that when someone seeks city-data or Pheonix, then this thread will pop up. Folks will read it and benefit. That's one thing I looooove about the internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Peak to Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
it's Kitt Peak for the observatories......

gee, with all these helpful replies, I hope the OP will report back, at least......

And thank you sooooo much for correcting me on the peak. I travel a lot and it is very rare that I will mix-up place names, but I'm glad you caught it. Now, with regards to the peaks...Baboquivari IS in the area from which he "can" experience great views, BUT Kitt Peak is more easily accessible and yes, does have the observatory that I was mentioning. I really appreciate that ! *hugs*

Old 01-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Default When Sedona Doesn't Cut It. *welp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vientianevinny View Post
Sedona is a ripoff tourist trap for pretentious Midwesterners, with credit cards burning a hole in their pockets. I send people there, who don't know how to enjoy themselves.
Hilarious !!! OMG ! There are definitely people out there that are shi**y at being "tourists" and really getting down to the nitty-gritty when it comes to travel. Now, with regards to Sedona...I HAD NO IDEA THAT MIDWESTERNERS FLOCKED THERE...Eeeeew ! Sedona did have a bit of a businessy-feel to it the times that I visited...but hear me: Mariposa Restaurant overlooking the canyon has great appetizers. Other than that, it's a rip-off-wannabe Latin steakhouse.
The REAL fun is in Cornville down the way...because of the lush wineries and great food and the atmosphere of the creek. I loved it. It's great for an evening jaunt. And much quieter than Sedona and Flagstaff. Have you been? I spent my 24th birthday week (last year) feeling it out.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:19 AM

40 posts, read 53,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
Hilarious !!! OMG ! There are definitely people out there that are shi**y at being "tourists" and really getting down to the nitty-gritty when it comes to travel. Now, with regards to Sedona...I HAD NO IDEA THAT MIDWESTERNERS FLOCKED THERE...Eeeeew ! Sedona did have a bit of a businessy-feel to it the times that I visited...but hear me: Mariposa Restaurant overlooking the canyon has great appetizers. Other than that, it's a rip-off-wannabe Latin steakhouse.
The REAL fun is in Cornville down the way...because of the lush wineries and great food and the atmosphere of the creek. I loved it. It's great for an evening jaunt. And much quieter than Sedona and Flagstaff. Have you been? I spent my 24th birthday week (last year) feeling it out.
And the blue hairs' presence guarantees bland food. Salt is the only known spice in most of the Midwest.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Default Arizona the Beautiful

Quote:
And the blue hairs' presence guarantees bland food. Salt is the only known spice in most of the Midwest.

You must hate Midwesterners ! LOL The REAL restaurants are nearby in Flagstaff. MMMM Take it from me. I'm a Louisiana native...we know how to season. We know portions. Y'all are gonna make me wanna drive back fr a visit. Arizona holds a special place in my heart !

Old 01-09-2018, 06:27 PM

Flagstaff? Isn't that the home of Not A University? And some of the largest disparities in housing costs vs. wages in the state, except for Sedona, of course.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Flagstaff? Isn't that the home of Not A University? And some of the largest disparities in housing costs vs. wages in the state, except for Sedona, of course.
You sound like you're speaking from a local resident perspective... Why do you say that? I like 'eating in Flagstaff' and to scenery at nearby Leupp and the scenic drive that leads to town,BUT I literally know nothing about what you just described...please share more.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 AM

It is a high cost of living place, whose biggest economic base is high cost housing.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 AM

Default A Closer Look at Flagstaff

Quote:
It is a high cost of living place, whose biggest economic base is high cost housing.
Makes perfect sense, because I sure as heck didn't see any "big industry" in all the times I visited. I just figured that Flagstaff is a "something" because of the iconic Route 66, the train system still being active there, and the whole selling point of the Grand Canyon. I know that when I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn there (gross/don't judge me) the front desk agent was telling me about how he was from San Francisco, lived many places in young adulthood, and regretted going to Flagstaff. And I agree, the cost to "live" is a bit pricy. If anything, wouldn't you think "Seligman" would be a thing? I mean: Thinking about it, it IS much closer to the Grand Canyon anyway, and there is plenty of land out there...the only obstacle is water, but then again, supposedly, chunks of Flagstaff don't have water either...it must be hauled.

So, why did you say the university in Flagstaff isn't to be taken seriously (in other words)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona