Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Doctors & Businesses should be put on notice?
Yes 5 62.50%
No & Face a Fine. 0 0%
Put a Notice of improper business practices on their license 3 37.50%
No & Take away their license after several complaints. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:14 PM

43 posts, read 225,564 times

Advertisements

Okay, I never said either doctor was perfect. Everyone will have their own experiences with the doctor because our needs are different. I only see Lemansky for a pap. And yeah, when I got the results, I was told there might be a problem and I may need another one? A gal called back-false alarm! Thanks for the scare! His call was a bad one concerning your child, I agree. I also went through some weird OB/GYNS in Bullhead. OMG! It'll take too long to explain it all! But, Alvarez had some cases up against him. And Fremer wanted to put Alvarez out of business. But, yes, those were terrible things, still, I didn't have a problem with either. Both were strange though.............that's why I stopped going. Fremer gave me the creeps, yet, a friend of mine liked him! My in-laws love Malik and Keating, my mom doesn't. Keating pulled her off of her heart med. for angina. As for Jackson, I see him every few months for thyroid bloodwork. And he's messed my meds up one time. I got too much thyroid and my hair was falling out. He fixed it in no time. And he apologized for giving me too high a dose. I like how we work closely together. It's not only him telling me what to do and when to do it, but it's a team effort with him. He praised me for my weight loss of 45 pounds. He really seems to care. If I had to choose, Jackson is by far the better doctor! And he said he can even do the pap himself. But, maybe someone else hasn't had good luck with him? So, I don't doubt your experience and I'm sorry you went through so much because of a doctor's poor diagnosis. But, thank God there's other doctors and I hope you've found one better.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM

Default One More Thing..........

Pippi, you're too nice, girl! I would've done what I could to get those gals fired who mishandled my young child! Most moms would agree, yeah? Heck, yeah, I want to complain! And it wouldn't be our fault they got fired! Buh-bye! Buh-bye now! Buh-bye!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 PM

19 posts, read 51,299 times
HI! I'm not sure if you still check your messages on this site DRCMAO, but I have a question for you, and anyone who has an opinion. I am also an RN and I have an interview at KRMC next week...after reading all of these threads, I went from thinking the hospital and area sounded nice, to just plain scared! I will be interviewing for the peds med/surg unit, I am a critical care nurse however. But it's a Day position and I really need a Day shift being a single mom. The area just sounds nice by what the recruiter told me..a small town not far from big cities... and that is what i'm looking for. The daycare center that the hospital has onsite was a big turn on for me as well..it's so hard to find sitters for 13+ hours while I work..so it would be wonderful to have my kids right there while I work, ya know....I just wanted some input from a fellow RN who works there..if you could reply ASAP that would be great..I know the saying "to each his own" right, but lately the things I've read about Arizona and bad medical care and bad schooling really makes me want to RUN back to Tennessee...but i'd really like some more input! Positive AND negative! Thanks guys!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Default Bullhead

Seriously, check the city out. Get info. Is there any way you could make a trip out and look over the town itself? People are on here to share their experiences. I have had good care while out here in Laughlin, Bullhead and in Kingman. No, it's not like in a big city, but, for a small town, I think the care is good. Yes, it can be better. And I hope it will be when we get better doctors and nurses. I know nothing of Tennessee, so I can't compare it to out here, so I'd get as much info as I can. You're being on here is a good start. Look under the Bullhead posts. People have posted on housing and schools. I like the Parkway area in Bullhead. Pretty homes and good schools everyone's saying.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM

22 posts, read 54,523 times
Default I totally agree with your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branzzz928 View Post
I give the city a d- in medical care. I was in the medical field and have been unable to find a Dr for myself or my family and have been through so many of them...... I cant wait to see the new hospitals approach. KRMC, Cerbat medical center, AIMS, GVMC, Kahn, Mortinson, Huffman, Jackson, Tariq, and many more all leave something to be desired.
I don't know how i missed your reply,but you are 100% right.I have been to several doctors in the Kingman area and have not found 1 doctor that is willing to listen to his patients [ they all seem to just ignore you.And as far as the medical center connected to the hospital,good luck-you're going to need it.I used to go there until i found out that anyone in the entire office and view your medical records,first they said that they do not keep and maintain your information,then when i had an 8:am appointment on a certain day i kept going up to the window area and asked when am i going to see the doctor-they told me 3 times that i was next [ HA HA ] 9:15am i asked what's the problem- they said that someone has lost your medical records, I told them that's alright i don't want to have to deal with incomptent and non-professional people and left.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 14,120 times
Default Good Doctors

There are many fine doctors from India. If they were not good doctors, then your insurance company would not list them as "preferred" providers. They are preferred because of there skill and excellence. They come to the United States to serve the greater good. There is more need in the United States. That is why the J1 Visa programs require that doctors from India practice in areas of the United States that are deemed "under-served." There are no underserved areas in India.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:34 PM

139 posts, read 435,277 times
No matter where you go, in any city there are always 1-3 bad doctors. Least this has been my experience in any town/state. When you see a doctor, you need to shop around.

Slamming ALL the doctors in Kingman, you are in the wrong harvey4. You have heard the saying, look before you leap. harvey4 you need to look, before you do anything in this world.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,607 times
Default hummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipakdesai View Post
There are many fine doctors from India. If they were not good doctors, then your insurance company would not list them as "preferred" providers. They are preferred because of there skill and excellence. They come to the United States to serve the greater good. There is more need in the United States. That is why the J1 Visa programs require that doctors from India practice in areas of the United States that are deemed "under-served." There are no underserved areas in India.
are you being funny? india has cows roaming roadside with povery everywhere, are any areas being served since you said there are no underserved, lol.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:00 PM

22 posts, read 54,523 times
Default Excuses do not make it right no matter who makes them.

I was always told that he who has an excuse for everything is seldom good for anything else.Those who say that you don't want to hinder or take away the doctors livelyhood should also think about the pain and suffering,the money that has been paid or even the life that has been lost by patients trying to believe and trust in those same doctors.I don't care where the doctor is from as long as he or she can show and prove that they have the proper medical training. But for a Kingman [ Doctor ] to tell their patients that he does not allow his patients to checkup on the medication that the doctor has prescribed is not proper to me [ if the patient dies ] the doctor should loose everything that they own [ including their license ].To those who believe completely in the doctors in Kingman,does that include the doctor that was mentioned in the Kingman Daily Miner several years ago that has had over 50 Malpractice claims???

Old 07-17-2008, 12:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,139,904 times
My aunt and Uncle [both 84 yrs old] live in Kingman and as may be expected at their age, are beset with Medical problems ranging from Gout to Heart and many things in between.
They have BOTH received exemplery medical treatment from the local Doctors as well as from KRMC....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona