Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 AM

12 posts, read 40,270 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me the best place to relocate in AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 07:26 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
Can anyone tell me the best place to relocate in AZ?
It depends entirely on your needs and preferences. Do you work outside the home? Do you have health issues? Do you have children? What is your income level? Do you drive? What are your interests and hobbies? What sorts of things are important to you?

Without further information, it's difficult to be of any use to you.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 AM

12 posts, read 40,270 times
Work is not a problem and yes I do drive. I do have diabetes and 'pinched' nerve in my low back. Im not necessarily thinking of moving because of medical issues. Yes I have children. I think the importance for me is warm weather majority of the time and diversity of people and things to do. I don't necessarily need to move to a big city. I can live in a small town outside of the city and still have access to it if Im not too far. I been to Arizone once for like 2 days... I don't think that was enough time for me to stay. I think AZ is breathtakingly beautiful. I love the desert and the moutainside. I love the fact the AZ is right next door to California and take a vacation there whenever it is possible. I live in Kentucky and Kentucky has long winter here. Because of the long winter Im pretty much a homebody and don't really do much. I want would to be able to get outisde more and be more active outside. Being inside all the time and don't really do much excercise is not good for my diabetes.

It is basically the warm weather, beauty and the diversity. Im aware that AZ can be really hot during the summer, but summer doesn't last long though. I beleive I can stand that. I just cannot tolerate the cold harsh winter. Even my doggie does not like winter she acts all crazy once she sets her paw on the snow.

I use to live in DC/MD area. I loved living up there. I have thought of moving back there several times, but as times went by... I really don't. All the people I know are gone in that area. They have bad winter there too...

Hope this answers your question.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 AM

81 posts, read 272,031 times
Kingman!!

Not too far from the metro areas, clean air, lots to do outside because its not too cold in the winter and even in the summer, its not too hot. Reasonable cost of living, good schools, two hospitals and with metro areas not too far major medical is also available.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:50 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,067,197 times
if warm weather is a priority, draw a line from the NW corner of Arizona to the SE corner and stay to the SW of that diagonal line, approximately....Kingman falls within that suggested area.....

if diversity (of people) is important, you may want to stay with an area with a larger population - parts of the Phoenix metro area are diverse, but others not so much....Tucson is known for being a bit more liberal, if that's important....

many choices.....

Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 AM

3 posts, read 4,230 times
I visit many places but Tempe is a wide variety of night life, restaurant, clubs, and stuff. It is basically a students town. Scottsdale is one of the richest places in the US. It also has nightlife, beautiful views, but in my opinion it is kinda deserted during the day time idk um Paradise Valley is a beautiful place. But if you are looking for something cooler,not in Phoenix area, Sedona would be a good choise for you: Beautiful,cool, and an hour driving from Phoenix and vicinity.

Last edited by observer53; 12-18-2010 at 05:16 AM..

Old 12-18-2010, 05:22 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Tempe, outside the area surrounding the university, is NOT "basically a students town". Get a few miles from the University, and you don't even know it's there unless you want to go there, and it's a great resource for entertainment as well as education. Tempe has some lovely neighborhoods, excellent parks and rec and library dept, good mass transit, some of the best schools in the valley. It's a very good FAMILY town.

I don't know what you mean by "Scottsdale is kinda deserted in the daytime" . The traffic would tell me otherwise. And, the demographics vary more than you indicate.

The TOWN of Paradise Valley (distinguished from the much larger area generally described as Paradise Valley) is made up of older, expensive homes. Yes, it's pretty, but may not be what the OP is looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona