Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 14,257 times

Advertisements

Hi all: This is my first blog entry, so please forgive me if I ramble on!

My husband and I are planning on relocating to the Kingman Az from a cold Canadian province. We have been there multiple time and have family members in Lake Havasu, and yes even in June- August and are well aware of the heat!
We are wondering if there are any areas to stay away (regarding housing) from within the Kingman area????
Is there a real estate agent that someone would recommend that would take the time to show us around for a couple of days ?
My last question is, has anyone heard about the new hospital how it is staffed and how the staff are treated......has anyone been there as a patient?

I find that the best most truthful information that a person can get is from the locals who know the area the best......that is why I am asking you all these questions.... I sure appreciate all the help in advance...thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Ha, it's a forum posting, not a blog. Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on selecting Kingman, I'm sure you'll like it here. I am curious though, since immigration is so tightly controlled these days, how are you able to immigrate from Canada?

As far as neighborhoods go, that's easy. You get what you pay for. If you're looking at houses in the $60K range, you will be in low income area (duh) with all that entails. If you purchase a home in the $100K range, you will be in a nice neighborhood. Over $200K and you're in one of the better neighborhoods. If you have elementary school age kids, buy into the Hualapai or Manzanita school districts if you can afford it. Now you know everything you need to get started. The next move is on you to come visit and see the neighborhoods.

HMMC is new, and I don't know anybody who's been treated there. They've been advertising that they guarantee the shortest ER wait in town, so I think they must be hurting for business. We have lots of friends who work at KRMC and they seem to love working there. Maybe HMMC is great too, I just have no data on it at all.

You won't have any problem with the heat. It's a good 10 to 20 degrees cooler than in Lake Havasu.

Hope that helps. Any more questions, just ask.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:25 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,479,874 times
First thought on HMMC it is a FOR profit facility. Thus if things are slow they advise staff to stay home or go home early. But it works the other way as well I have a friend who's wife works there and she went from the above to crazy long hours to keep up with demand.

KRMC http://www.azkrmc.com/nursing_opportunities.php is a more stable solution in my mind

Lots of foreclosed houses to choose from in the area plus like KDOG advised you get what you pay for.

We do have several posts mixed in here on the area's in question take a look at the search function to locate.

Last edited by rambrush; 10-26-2010 at 06:35 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 12:58 PM

81 posts, read 272,143 times
There aren't really areas to stay away from, like the others said, its all about how much you are willing and able to pay for housing. I am a Real Estate Agent and would be more than happy to drive you around Kingman. I don't know that I can advertise myself on the forum, but if you google my name I'm sure you'll find my husband and I who work as a team. Get ahold of me and I can send you some maps of the area and relocation information. Depending on what you want I can send you listings to look at too.

As for hospitals, my sister is a traveling ER nurse and worked at KRMC and liked it. She is in Spokane now and hasn't been to the new hospital. I do have a friend who stayed a night at HMMC and had a typical hospital stay. I didn't get over there to see her, but she said it was nothing spectacular but they didn't kill her either! We're getting ready to have a meeting in one of their rooms which will be my own personal first time to see inside it. From what I hear from others, its nice inside and the people are friendly.

Hope that helps!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM

418 posts, read 1,312,966 times
I have no idea where in Canada you are coming from or what it is like. Maybe Kingman seems nice compared to there. But if you want honesty, well this one person's opinion is Yikes! Of all the places in the world I have lived and traveled to, Kingman would be near the bottom of nice places to live or even spend much time in. I would put it ahead of Barstow, Ca and a couple of other places however.

I lived in Arizona for 30 yrs, dated a woman who lived in Kingman once, passed through there many times over those 30 yrs, and have never seen or been to one place there that would be of interest to me. All I think of is cold and windy, dry and miserable, when I think of Kingman.

Of all the beautiful towns and areas of Arizona, Kingman is not one I would recommend to anyone to even pass through if they could help it.

But that is just this one person's opinion. Hope you like it....Kingman that is.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Wowee, zowie. Somebody who's passed through a town is now an expert. But please, you go right on thinking that. We don't want you here anyway.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,180,183 times
I love Kingman. Arizona holds a part of my heart. Both California and Arizona are my favorite places in the United States!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 14,257 times
Thanks so much for all the advice. I will look you up billiehiser and explain my plans. Kdog, I was hoping that you would reply- thanks so much. I personally really liked Kingman, now Bullhead city...that was one place that I wasn't fond of....it was spread out all over the place...it took forever to get anywhere. Immigration is not a problem as my husband is American and I am American Indian so the typical immigration doesn't apply. Thanks again I so appreciate it....and yes it is a forum not a blog...hahahah....

Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 8,263 times
KRMC is my choice. I've been treated out-patient and for in-patient surgery and aftercare.

I don't know anything about the new facility, but it does look like a prison from the road..

Welcome and enjoy!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,867,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardworkinRN View Post
Hi all: This is my first blog entry, so please forgive me if I ramble on!

My husband and I are planning on relocating to the Kingman Az from a cold Canadian province. We have been there multiple time and have family members in Lake Havasu, and yes even in June- August and are well aware of the heat!
We are wondering if there are any areas to stay away (regarding housing) from within the Kingman area????
Is there a real estate agent that someone would recommend that would take the time to show us around for a couple of days ?
My last question is, has anyone heard about the new hospital how it is staffed and how the staff are treated......has anyone been there as a patient?

I find that the best most truthful information that a person can get is from the locals who know the area the best......that is why I am asking you all these questions.... I sure appreciate all the help in advance...thanks so much!
I tried applying at the new hospital, the HR woman had a tent outside some building near the Harley Store. She basically sneered at me that I had to have perfect attendance, a resume, and a clean driving record. She was a little shocked that I had all that information present. Nothing came of that, but my co-worker's wife got the red carpet treatment for the exact same position. Even on the spot interview! I should be glad though, since I've been hearing they treat the staff rather lousy there. You're better off at KRMC since they're established and not as clique-y. I wish Kingman had better competitive wages though. They're doing the community a great disservice for not allowing true growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona