Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 PM

39 posts, read 158,042 times

Advertisements

Thanks Ponderosa, more exploring and research to do! Yes, we've also considered NM, but we're hoping to be able to work out something in AZ. I'll definitely do some research on the areas you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 8,343 times
Parks is a laid back rural environment. Some people call it "Islands in the Pines" because the living areas are pock-marked here and there with large open spaces in between. If you like wildlife and adventure then this area promises and delivers. There are hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails. I go into the prairies and forests on a regular basis aboard my Kubota RTV 900 with my Jack Russel terrier named TUG; rarely do we come across other adventurers, even on weekends. The elevation here is 7,200 feet, however, the forests are relatively level so it is easy traveling and the scenery is picture postcard quality. Gardening is a bit tricky due to the fluctuation of daily tempretures. It can reach 75-80 degrees during a normal summer day, then plunge 30-35 degrees at night. The only way to deal with gardens is to have a climate controled greenhouse. The Maine school goes to the sixth grade with 5-10 students in each grade. Parks is "old school,) people look out for one another without intruding on your privacy. There are some good folks living here...

Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Does this place exist?

Like most places land and home prices fluctuate depending on location. My wife and I live in the "heart of Parks," where prices range from $350,000.00 to $550,000.00 per five acre parcel. Building costs range from $175.00 to $235.00 per square foot depending on the quality. There are 1-acre lots which range from $150,000.00 to $185,000.00 near to my location. to me, the best deals are well-built manufactured homes available in the $225,000.00 to $300,000.00 range that represnt good buys at this time. What I like about the area is that the old highway Route 66 parallels the I-40; I travel Route 66 to Williams at 25 miles per hour taking in all the scenery along the way. On a high traffic day, I might see 3-4 other autos. A traffic jam in Parks occurs around 3:00 PM when kids get out of school. We experience low humidity here, even in winter.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Does this place exist?

Take a look at : Northern Arizona Multiple Listing Service

Click Properties, then Click Cities; then Click Parks

Browse around that site to get a feel of what prices of real estate are in this area... Good Luck!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,893 times
Aloha,
I myself am looking at moving to Arizona... I'm targeting ?Flagstaff...
Reading your profile and what your professions are in 2008 Williams? is suppose to open an amusement park both right up your alley for careers at ground breaking and behind the scene... There's NAU(Northern Arizona University) ... If thats so choose wisely because it's only going to get worse for all that building and ground breaking for new business and living... Cost of living or new apartments,condos, homes along with hotels, restaurants etc. will be coming at large... I think it would be great for a huge amusement park between Nevada and Arizona... Great fast fun commerce
;vacationers and great work programs for new students... Only problem security guards and juvey/jail reg. state laws for so many transient vacationers and home based employeed...
I know of a company thats looking at the state of Arizona and Nevada for a start up for a 3-part New Age Project that the Hawaiian Islands just lost, it amazes me a whole state which has 7 islands suppose to me peaceful and ethical... I guess Arizona had better 7 states(Nevada,Utah,Colorado,New New Mexico, Mexico, California) abiding it to work with better ground growth process... They're looking into the future and growth process at an ethical and more morally sound fast rate into the future... I'm hoping Arizona is it because I want to be on board.. I hear there Arizona Universities pump out career fit students to be anywhere at demand... Alot of them don't stay there and move on to there career placement...
Alot of jobs should be opening for both of you it looks very promising from what I looked at... Now it's just to find which cute and growing wholesome city to pick in Arizona... Best wishes let me know curious minds because I need to think fast myself.. Looking at next month taking 3 weeks to look at the state of Arizona to make sure for the big move from the Oahu..

Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM

39 posts, read 158,042 times
Ohmygosh, if I could afford Hawaii, I'd just die and go to heaven!!! However, I can't. Yes, we've been actually checking the state of Arizona employement listings. My husband and I are both employed by the State of WV and are familiar with generalized state government business programs, and the federally funded programs they work with. There are plenty of openings in our respective fields all around and the pay is much better than WV - particularly in my husband's field, almost half again what he makes here. I realize COL is a bit higher, but with the higher wages we will make, should be comparable to our standard of living here, and that's just fine. We are on an excelerated track to save and be ready to move, but are sticking to a minimum 1 year prep time, maybe longer. We haven't settled on the exact spot, but know that we are planning for a small neighborly community within the vacinity of either Tucson, Flagstaff, or Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona