Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2019, 09:03 AM

10 posts, read 18,035 times

Advertisements

I’m staying with family in AA and am looking for an apartment. Since it’s still school time there aren’t a lot of vacancies so I have to move fast when something becomes available. But there are a lot of apartment complexes so it would be helpful to weed out the ones I wouldn’t be interested in.
I telecommute but I like to be close enough to ‘town’ to get in and out quickly and easily. I want to avoid living in the middle of strip malls.
I’m on the west side right now. Park Place/Hillcrest are convenient but no vacancies so I don’t know what the apartments are like. I have looked at one in Manchester Flats but it was a little too run down.

Neighbor noises are my main concern. I know it’s unavoidable at apts but at very least want concrete ceilings/floors and solid walls.
1 bedroom
~$1,200
Dishwasher is also a must.
Doesn’t smell bad.
Pools and exercise rooms are nice but not a requirement.

Living in Ypsi isn’t out of the question but I’m still aiming for AA 1st. But there are places with vacancies there so any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by HoltDan; 11-02-2019 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: More detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
If I were moving back to A2, I'd look along West Stadium. There were several sets of older (but nice) apartments on the same side as Trinity Lutheran Church (west of it). I don't recall their names, but you could drive through the area.

Here's a for rent link:

https://www.apartments.com/malls/mi/...enter/278g7sb/

I liked the West Stadium area, at least 1 mile west of Pioneer HS, because it's far enough from the U of M campus to be mostly working adults but close enough to Kroger, etc. and not that far from the I-94 on ramp. Those were older buildings with much better sound-proofing than the new apartments.

The other place I liked but it might be nasty now was out on Carpenter Road by Meijer. I was working in Dearborn and it was easy to get on the freeway, plus rents were lower than A2. But I haven't even visited in years! I'm sure there's now 5 - 7 complexes out there, now.

Added: have you looked out along Jackson Road, west -- towards Meijer? They were building a lot of new stuff, including apartments in the 90s, so those are probably all finished. It's easy to pick up I-94 out there. I was going to live in Dexter at one time, but I got a better job offer in Cols, OH.

Last edited by Meemur; 11-02-2019 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-04-2019, 07:34 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,248,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoltDan View Post
~$1,200
Dishwasher is also a must.

Thanks,
Dan
A dishwasher is really a must?
You are going to scratch off some possibilities in your price range if you won't wash your own dishes.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:42 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,248,808 times
Woodbury Gardens off Stadium and South Industrial looks like it fits some of your needs.
Price
Dishwasher
Pool
Fitness Center
Community Center

Near the #6 bus downtown

Old 11-11-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I liked the West Stadium area, at least 1 mile west of Pioneer HS, because it's far enough from the U of M campus to be mostly working adults but close enough to Kroger, etc. and not that far from the I-94 on ramp. Those were older buildings with much better sound-proofing than the new apartments.

Yes, this is where I'm staying (temporarily with family) and I do like it. Vacancies are rare and I just reserved a place at Surrey Park - but it's not available for a month and half. If something better/sooner comes up I might take it but I really like that they're all single story buildings: no neighbors above or below!

Old 11-11-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
A dishwasher is really a must?
You are going to scratch off some possibilities in your price range if you won't wash your own dishes.
I've softened a bit on that but most places I've looked at have them - except the one I've reserved at Surrey Park - so there ya go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor