Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 01:11 PM

321 posts, read 334,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untasted View Post
8) Even if southern cone had 3 or 5 millions (pure indigenous) population it will still way less than that of Mexico , Peru, North Brazil or even Colombia
No, it would not be less. It would be a lot more. Chile alone has a greater indigenous population than Colombia despite being a smaller country and a far less populated one: +2 millon versus 1.3 approx. found in Colombia.

Chile has a strong indigenous heritage and its capital city was founded by the Incas. Overall Chile is closer to Peru than it is to Argentina or Uruguay culturally and ethnically wise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 01:30 PM

321 posts, read 334,143 times
European architecture in Colombia is mostly Spanish, Spanish influence in Colombia is strong but you can also find countless neighbourhoods resembling the British Isles in cities like Bogota. In the 20th century Buenos Aires followed French architectural trends, Bogota followed English ones. The moorland and the evergreen countryside known as Sabana de Bogota surrounding the city add up to the feeling. They feel just like the English countryside and the Scottish highlands, respectively.

DSCF1273 by Jürgen Bauer, on Flickr

IMG_2992 by Bob Schall, on Flickr

Ciclovia en Bogotá by CaroPava, on Flickr

Old 05-02-2019, 01:42 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
what European city does ny looks like? belgrade? NY looks nothing like Europe.
No-one's said anything about Belgrade. Or that NY looks like Europe. What are you smoking?

London is perhaps the closest to NY but even then there's a large difference. Some aspects of New York does have a European influence however.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:29 AM

990 posts, read 881,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
European architecture in Colombia is mostly Spanish, Spanish influence in Colombia is strong but you can also find countless neighbourhoods resembling the British Isles in cities like Bogota. In the 20th century Buenos Aires followed French architectural trends, Bogota followed English ones. The moorland and the evergreen countryside known as Sabana de Bogota surrounding the city add up to the feeling. They feel just like the English countryside and the Scottish highlands, respectively.

DSCF1273 by Jürgen Bauer, on Flickr

IMG_2992 by Bob Schall, on Flickr

Ciclovia en Bogotá by CaroPava, on Flickr
Bogotá and Medellin have really impressive British architecture all over both cities. I standed really surprised when visited both cities early this year... I thought it would be much more like some random place in Castilla y Leon.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:08 AM

149 posts, read 97,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
what European city does ny looks like? belgrade? NY looks nothing like Europe.
That's true . I always leave Europe alone . No former European colonies soil like the USA , Canada , Australia or Argentina can be compared to Europe itself . Yes there are similarities among European cities and some cities like Buenos Aires , New York or Montreal but Europe is still very much on a different level . Politically, in architecture, mentally , regarding human rights and quality of life , without the need to mention the economic and social aspects . I myself live in Europe and I could never go back in live in the USA for instance .

Old 05-03-2019, 08:51 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
Quote:
That's true . I always leave Europe alone . No former European colonies soil like the USA , Canada , Australia or Argentina can be compared to Europe itself . Yes there are similarities among European cities and some cities like Buenos Aires , New York or Montreal but Europe is still very much on a different level . Politically, in architecture, mentally , regarding human rights and quality of life , without the need to mention the economic and social aspects . I myself live in Europe and I could never go back in live in the USA for instance .

Quality of life in Canada usually ranks higher than most of Europe.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
[/i][/b]

Speaking of quality of life , according to ( MERCER quality of life living survey) that ranks 231 cities in all the 6 Inhabitable (continents ) these are the top 5 cities with the highest score
In south America as of 2019. All of them in Southern Cone except for Barasilia.

1) Montevideo #78
2) Buenos Aires #91
3) Santiago #93
4) Brasilia #107
5) Asuncion #115

Old 05-04-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
[/i][/b]

There's only one Canadian city in the top 10 among the cities with the highest quality of life most of them being European. (According to MERCER )

1. Vienna
2. Zurich
3. Auckland
4. Munich
5. Vancouver
6. Dusseldorf
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Sydney

Old 05-04-2019, 01:04 PM

220 posts, read 173,240 times
Quote:
There's only one Canadian city in the top 10 among the cities with the highest quality of life most of them being European. (According to MERCER )

1. Vienna
2. Zurich
3. Auckland
4. Munich
5. Vancouver
6. Dusseldorf
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Sydney
Those are the countries where a normal human can NOT find human touch, form social skills or have a healthy mental state.

Look at how sorry the swedes are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12Z9gKbI6Y

Look how much human warmth and company you find here in a medium size city in Peru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8pjyBll5k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas