Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,445,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I'm actually drinking it right now. Lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I guess Beyonce went on it and also Robin, Howard Stern's sidekick. It's on the Net and you can even google on it. I just got done with the saltwater flush (yuck!) that one is supposed to do in advance of it. No coffee, no alcohol, etc.

I was with you until you mentioned no coffee. Now I'm out.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No, it is not a joke. There is a pretty good book about it that has menus all planned out and tells you what to do and everything. It is called, "The Fat Flush Diet". The idea is the water (to be consumed at ROOM TEMP because according to the author cold beverages slow down your metabolism. You add 100% PURE Cranberry Juice to the water in the mornings (Long Life Cocktail) as well as the lemon (diaretic) and some milled flax seed. If you eat oatmeal then you can put the flax seed in that and it is a wee bit more tolerable. I've also put it in my yougart. You can take the flax seed oil pills but you have to take a LOT of them in 1 day to make up the difference. Or get real flax seed oil at the vitaman store and use it on your salad. The menu plan in the book I mentioned really is a good menu. I can not eat everything they have planned for 1 day. Well rounded for sure.
Actually cold water increases your metabolism, your body increases the metabolism to heat up your body after you drink cold water. Just like your body does durring winter and when cold.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,708 times
what cleanses your body is the enzymes, think of it as soap for your insides. the roughage moves it out. that's why water by itself is not actually thoroughly cleansing just as getting wet without soap doesn't clean your skin.

you can detox or cleanse eating a variety of food. you can cleanse from just eating raw vegetables like salads of course with plenty of liquids. fresh fruit juices will cleanse as well. apples have a lot of pectin in it and water etc. so in essence what cleanses your body is live fruits, herbs and vegetables.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
what cleanses your body is the enzymes, think of it as soap for your insides. the roughage moves it out. that's why water by itself is not actually thoroughly cleansing just as getting wet without soap doesn't clean your skin.

you can detox or cleanse eating a variety of food. you can cleanse from just eating raw vegetables like salads of course with plenty of liquids. fresh fruit juices will cleanse as well. apples have a lot of pectin in it and water etc. so in essence what cleanses your body is live fruits, herbs and vegetables.
You know eating pectin is good especialy for your cholesterol, but do you know that you don't absorb pectin? All the pectin you eat never gets to your blood stream.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,740 times
The Master Cleanse is NOT the same as the Fat Flush! Fat Flush is actually somewhat sensible and involves cutting out all carbs except fruit for a couple weeks, eating veggies and lean meats, then introducing some whole grains. You are supposed to drink lemon and cran water, also flax and other Omega-3 rich foods.

Master Cleanse basically involves lemon water and maple syrup... it isn't something you would do long-term. Beyonce used it to take off a lot of weight fast for Dream Girls, however she's also on the record saying it's not a healthy weight-loss plan for normal people, it's really more of a detox.

Fasting may have some benefits... but it's absolutely crazy that people think starvation diets are going to have any long-term positive benefit for weight loss. Are you going to subsist on lemon juice and syrup for ever? Are you going to follow healthy eating habits and exercise after the cleanse? If not, I don't see the point in putting your body through that. Most people I've known doing those types of cleanses are doing so because they weren't willing to stick to a sensible and healthful weight loss plan so they decide to do something extreme for a week or two instead.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:16 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
You know eating pectin is good especialy for your cholesterol, but do you know that you don't absorb pectin? All the pectin you eat never gets to your blood stream.
the pectin is good roughage and will get your bowels moving.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
the pectin is good roughage and will get your bowels moving.
It will and the reason for that is that we don't absorb it. If you eat to much jelly would be coming out.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM

279 posts, read 1,347,956 times
I'm doing this now to lose the last few pounds of baby weight. I'm on Day 2 and have already lost 2 pounds. I must say so far, it hasn't been too hard and I'm not craving anything. Let's see if I can do it for the remaining 8 days.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
This is the diet where you drink lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. My friend did it for three days with no ill effect. I hear a person can really lose a lot of weight on this. It's also supposed to get rid of toxins. Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with this? I start today but am a bit leery. Thanks in advance.
Sounds unsafe, unhealthy, unnecessary and unlikely to yield positive results for anyone.

Whatever happened to eating right and exercising as a way to lose weight? What this is, is just short of putting your finger into your mouth to throw up. You do know that your body needs nourishment to perform well right? You do know that this "diet/cleanse" denies your body of the proper nutrients (fuel) it needs to function right? If you do know this, then why even bother to do this ridiculous thing?

Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM

263 posts, read 745,045 times
if you would read the entire book on the master cleanse, you would have alot more information on what it will and will not do. i have done the cleanse several times with good results. i always feel good and don't have to change my lifestyle while on it. it is not promoted by the writer as a weight loss diet. it is not for long term. it is a cleanse to get gunk out of your colon and improve your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine