Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:54 PM

604 posts, read 838,927 times

Advertisements

Is the best kind ultrasonic? Do all of the ultrasonic ones have lights? I'd like to use one in the bedroom but don't want a light disrupting sleep. If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 07:09 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
I have a nebulizer. It does exactly what it needs to do, no more or less, it does it silently and invisibly. Basically - it's a blown-glass elongated bubble connected to a small fishtank aerator with plastic tubing. You put 10-20 drops of your chosen essential oil in the bubble, plug the aerator in, and it'll nebulize the oil and send it into the air at a slow pace (around 4 hours, more or less depending on the density of the oil).

Old 11-10-2013, 12:51 PM

604 posts, read 838,927 times
Thanks. I was looking on Amazon and there were so many it's a little confusing.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,063 times
I use this diffuser from Earth's Oils

[url=http://www.earths-oils.com/cart/Aroma-Ready-Oil-Drop-Diffuser.html]Earth's Oils - Pure Organic Therapeutic-grade Essential Oils[/url]

Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,309,774 times
The one I use and love is ultrasonic, with light .. but it can be turned off or on. Also has a timer and can go for hours. Also different dispensing settings, soft to more powerful. It does have a soft 'burble' sound to it, but isn't offensive.

Can't seem to find a brand name on it though, lists on the bottom as ultrasonic aromatherapy atomizer model UAA24-168.

Run it daily during the winter months, love the aromatherapy vapour mist and helps keep the bacteria bugs at bay.

Not cheap though, think I paid something like $75 on sale, half price?

Old 03-25-2015, 02:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,576 times
The light of ultrasonic aroma diffuser can be turned off and still produce mist when you sleep. [.edited too new & possible advertising]

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-25-2015 at 08:34 AM..

Old 10-28-2015, 05:32 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,251,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
Is the best kind ultrasonic? Do all of the ultrasonic ones have lights? I'd like to use one in the bedroom but don't want a light disrupting sleep. If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.
I bought the "500ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser,URPOWER® Ultrasonic Air Humidifier with 4 Timer Settings 7 LED Color Changing Lamps, 10 Hours Continous Mist Mode Running - AUTO shut off" available on Amazon after doing tons of research and am very happy with this diffuser. Easy to use and to clean. Large volume so lasts longer. Auto shut off. Has lights but can be used without...I never use the lights. Extremely reasonably priced for the size and features. I would suggest reading the reviews for yourself.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:53 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times
I have a Smiley brand - I don't know the model name but it is oval like an egg. It has been working nearly everynight for the past year with no issues. I bought it on Amazon and I believe it is one of the most economical at the time.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:48 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one: http://www.amazon.com/Puzhen-5-Sense.../dp/B0062119LK

here is another link: Aroma Diffusers | Puzhen Life

Yun Diffuser | Chinese Aromatherapy Diffuser | Essential Oil Aroma Diffuser | Yun Aromatherapy | Chinese Diffuser | Puzhen Life

It's called the Yun Aroma and it is made by a company called Puzhen. I actually bought mine from a Young Living rep. I have spent nearly two decades working in health food stores and have used a lot of different oils and diffusers and nebulizers, etc. So far this one is my favorite for the bedroom or office/near your work space.

The one I have has a remote control. It has several different light settings (white, blue, purple, and a setting where it shifts through all the different colors). Or you can turn the light off. You can also hook your phone or mp3 player up to it and play your own music. There are also relaxing sounds/songs that it can play, or you can shut the music off if you choose.

I love the wood and glass as opposed to an all plastic device. More "earthy". And I love having the remote control so I don't have to get up from bed to change any settings or turn it off or on or whatever.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:50 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I wanted to add: whatever you do, stay away from the NOW brand diffusers. One of the health food stores I worked at sold a bunch of the NOW brand diffusers.... only to have the customers keep returning them because they didn't work right. They would stop working or overheat or they would barely create any mist at all... just really problematic.

Young Living has some great diffusers and nebulizers... if you can find a Young Living rep they would be a really good resource and could probably help you find a really good one that works with your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine