Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 03:29 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And in a year or so, when New Belgium gets their new brewery up and running, they will be making Fat Tire literally in my backyard (about 3 miles away)
You should be more excited about the new Sierra Nevada brewery opening in your area. Which brings me to the original question...I drink from plenty of breweries around the world, but keep finding myself coming back to Sierra. It would be between Bigfoot barleywine and the Chico Estate Ale. While I love the sustainability (and flavor) of the Estate Ale, Bigfoot has just the right amount of malt, hops, and ABV kick to keep me satisfied for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You should be more excited about the new Sierra Nevada brewery opening in your area. Which brings me to the original question...I drink from plenty of breweries around the world, but keep finding myself coming back to Sierra. It would be between Bigfoot barleywine and the Chico Estate Ale. While I love the sustainability (and flavor) of the Estate Ale, Bigfoot has just the right amount of malt, hops, and ABV kick to keep me satisfied for life.
SN has some excellent widely distributed offerings. Their Torpedo IPA is excellent for a widely distributed IPA. Then I look at their list of specialty drafts in their tasting room, Well it's under construction, guess I'll just have to wait. (The brew master of their small batch experimental brew-house will be the head brew master here)

Trust me, that is also great news, and it will be about 15 miles from my home

The Wedge Brewery, which is just across the river from where New Belgium is going has had SN's Flipside XX IPA as a regular guest tap. The Wedge has their own excellent IPA, Ironrail IPA, and their Double IPA, Third Rail IPA.

And Oskar Blues will be up and running by the end of the year, in Brevard about 30 minutes away.

And a new brewery, Wicked Weed Brewing, is about to get off the ground (equipment is in place) and promises an IPA to die for. Also less than 2 miles from my house

And Oyster House Brewing is expanding

And Greenman Brewing has just doubled their capacity

And Blue Mountain Pizza is starting a brew-house

Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,810,449 times
Keystone Light ! Just don't tell Coors or it will be $12.00 a six pack in no time!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,220 times
For some reason I'm down with the winter ales. I like the Deschutes Jubelale, the Sierra Nevada winter seasonal, and I love, love, love the Wassail from Full Sail (Portland, OR).

Other beers I dig:

Total Domination - Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene, OR

Vanilla Infused Porter - Hop Valley Brewing, Springfield, OR

Cindercone - Deschutes, Bend, OR *** I love this damn beer!!!!

Dead Guy - Rogue - Newport, Oregon

Stone (various IPAs) - San Diego, CA

Brother Thelonius - North Coast, Fort Bragg, CA (gotta be in the mood and ready to drink 'cause this knocks the crap out of you if you're not ready for it)

Organic Chocolate Stout - Bison Brewing - Nor Cal

Fall Seasonal - Samuel Adams, Boston, MA (good stuff)

Cherry Wheat - Samuel Adams, Boston, MA (an oldie, but goodie)

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA - Maryland (a tad overrated, but still good)

1554 Belgian Brew - New Belgium, Fort Collins, CO

Fat Tire - New Belgium, Fort Collins, CO

Anchor Steam - Anchor Steam Brewing, San Francisco, CA

Out of all these...I like the Wassail (Full Sail) and Cinder Cone (Deschutes) the absolute best. But the rest are good.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 AM

102 posts, read 96,512 times
I like:
Alaskan Black IPA
Deschutes Hop in the Dark CDA
Alaskan Baltic Porter Ale
Alaskan Hoptothermia Double IPA
Red Hook Night hook
Mac N Jacks African Amber
Anacortes Porter

I'm getting into homebrewing got some killer ideas on some over hopped porters

Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM

16,666 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian Inserection View Post
I like:
Alaskan Black IPA
Deschutes Hop in the Dark CDA
Alaskan Baltic Porter Ale
Alaskan Hoptothermia Double IPA
Red Hook Night hook
Mac N Jacks African Amber
Anacortes Porter

I'm getting into homebrewing got some killer ideas on some over hopped porters
I don't care for porters, or other black beers. I mostly brew Octoberfest and Wheat beers from Extract Kits.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,896 times
If I had to only pick one right now it would be this one. Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown ale

Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM

10 posts, read 10,752 times
Newcastle Brown Ale

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
True beer geeks can never pick just one! I love it!

Russian River Pliny the Elder
Stone Sublimely Self Righteous
Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout
Russian River Consecration

I can't pick just one but those cover a few styles I could live off of.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:50 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,045,966 times
Not a beer geek :+(

Red Stripe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages