Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 08:34 AM

733 posts, read 406,849 times

Advertisements

How much in total?
I do drink more than what is recommended. I don't drink everyday, but I do consume Thursday through Sunday. I don't get drunk because I don't like too, but I get relaxed and buzzed.

What is your drink of choice?
I tend to drink clear Liquor. Vodka (Reyka) is my first choice then Tequila (Patron).

Recommendations listed here:
https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-he...binge-drinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2023, 08:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
lately it's been a few beers most nights of the week. I never drink during the day and rarely drink anything other than beer. I try to drink plenty of water in between beers to keep the plumbing flowing.

I start my day out with several cups of coffee and then switch to beer at night, lol. I know, I should cut back a bit... on the coffee that is.

Old 09-22-2023, 08:57 AM

5,654 posts, read 3,139,106 times
When I drink, it's going to be on the weekends. I don't drink during the week. And sometimes, I drink more than the recommended amount...if all the stars are in alignment, so to speak.

If it's too hot, I don't like to drink alcohol

If there's even a small chance I might end up driving, I don't like to drink.

If there are children I might have to be responsible for, I don't drink.

Old 09-22-2023, 02:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
With my kidney disease my Nephrologist has told me not to have more than one beer or glass of wine a day, and no more hard stuff. I don't drink nearly that much, a glass of wine or beer if we go out to dinner at a place that sells it, maybe 3-4 times a month, and a beer at home on a weekend day if it's hot out and I'm working on an outside project. I drink for the taste now, I outgrew the drinking for a buzz back in my 20s after getting married and started having kids.

Old 09-22-2023, 03:44 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
I like margaritas and rum & root beer.

I used to have one cocktail a day, the limit for women.
But my oncologist suggested I cut my drinking in half--every other day--because alcohol is a carcinogen. He's such a buzzkill.

Keeping track of when I could have a drink made me feel like a lush, so I stopped buying mixers and now I just drink if we eat at a restaurant that serves cocktails.

Fortunately, this area is crawling with Mexican restaurants, so I can get a drink any day of the week. Just not EVERY day.

Generally, I have maybe two drinks a month these days. I recently had surgery, so I didn't get a margarita for almost three months!

Old 09-26-2023, 06:07 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
. I drink for the taste now, I outgrew the drinking for a buzz back in my 20s after getting married and started having kids.
That's funny, beause that's when I started drinking for the buzz.

Old 09-30-2023, 06:50 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
For me it's always been up and down I might have dinner with two to three beers, and do that for like 4 days straight but I'm usually having severe meat and potatoes for those 4 days.

Then I won't touch it again for 2 weeks to 3 months. Of course when I get a six-pack I usually do a Taco Bell run but I don't really intend to keep punishing my toilet that much.

Right now I've got four left of a ice house six pack and I'm getting ready for dinner but I'm not going to have that with it since it's all vegetables and no meat.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:12 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I like margaritas and rum & root beer.

I used to have one cocktail a day, the limit for women.
But my oncologist suggested I cut my drinking in half--every other day--because alcohol is a carcinogen. He's such a buzzkill.

Keeping track of when I could have a drink made me feel like a lush, so I stopped buying mixers and now I just drink if we eat at a restaurant that serves cocktails.

Fortunately, this area is crawling with Mexican restaurants, so I can get a drink any day of the week. Just not EVERY day.

Generally, I have maybe two drinks a month these days. I recently had surgery, so I didn't get a margarita for almost three months!
I also like rum and root beer.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:14 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
For me it's always been up and down I might have dinner with two to three beers, and do that for like 4 days straight but I'm usually having severe meat and potatoes for those 4 days.

Then I won't touch it again for 2 weeks to 3 months. Of course when I get a six-pack I usually do a Taco Bell run but I don't really intend to keep punishing my toilet that much.

Right now I've got four left of a ice house six pack and I'm getting ready for dinner but I'm not going to have that with it since it's all vegetables and no meat.
I don't get the meat reference. What does meat have to do with your booze intake?

Old 09-30-2023, 07:37 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Meat and alcohol combined produce putrefaction in the intestines. How did I learn about this? I was a massage therapist and had a few clients who stank. It oozed through their pores. I didn't know about this, so I asked fellow therapists at the spa who'd been doing it longer than me. It's especially true with hard liquor combined with red meat. Putrefaction is extremely toxic and can even be a killer. Some of the clients were not bloated but many people with putrefaction in the gut have extremely large bellies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages