Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 04:30 PM

286 posts, read 297,458 times

Advertisements

i have only been consuming alcohol for about 3 years now'
when i first started i only liked bud light and still love that but i grown to enjoy others such as labbat blue and blue moon and most recently i enjoy trying new beers that local breweries make themselves

as for liquor i started with rum and coke, but right now for the past few months my go to has been a bicardi with sprite and a lime

but also i have noticed I'm starting to prefer liquor over beer, i work out a lot and find beer bloats me more and i feel fat as hell in the morning, liquor is nice and light and i get drunker quicker and the taste with soda or a healthy alternative is refreshing

what were your starter drinks? and where are you at now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 01:23 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,276,116 times
I have almost always been a beer drinking. I switched to wine and then liquor briefly, but I was getting a buzz way too fast with those choices and I generally prefer non-sweet drinks, so that cut out many mixed drinks. Beer is generally lower alcohol, so I can better control my alcohol intake. Also, I really like the taste of beer, in various styles. My switching is generally within beer to different beer styles.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,914,495 times
I don't have any set-in-stone preferences, but I do have a few strong "don't prefer," and that list is topped by anything involving rum. I might go through stages where I choose one type of beverage over another, but it's mostly seasonal (Margaritas in the summer, wheat beers and ales, as well. Dark beers and stouts in the colder months. Scotch pretty much whenever. Clear spirits, rarely. Vodka typically only in a bloody Mary or salty dog.

I drink wine on occasion, but don't favor sweet drinks. The aforementioned Margaritas are about as sweet as it gets, and I only like them if they're tart and salty. I'll drink had cider sometimes, but again, I like it more tart and dry.

I first drank when I was a student in Ireland...I was underage for bars in the U.S., but not there. So I started on Guinness. For most of my late teens and early twenties I preferred beer to other alcohol, and the darker the better. It was always kind of funny being out with a guy, and when drinks would come, they'd assume the dark beer or whiskey went to the guy, but nope, to me. I find that that reaction was more common when I was younger, though. People assume young female drinkers must go for the sweet, frou frou drinks. Eh. I never had much of a sweet tooth, don't slaver over chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:19 PM

42,121 posts, read 75,710,938 times
I am not fazed by my phases.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:08 AM

2,767 posts, read 1,597,255 times
I'm in my middle-age faze, currently, and heading quickly toward my old-age faze...

Old 02-28-2016, 02:04 PM

17,914 posts, read 24,545,648 times
I am typically unfazed.

Most of the time I don't drink alcoholic beverages to get drunk, so I don't have to worry about the bloating or caloric effect of too much beer since one or two beers (or multiple small samples) suffices for my beer craving.

If I am looking for a buzz, I do tend to choose a drink with a higher alcohol:calorie ratio, though.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:13 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,357,899 times
wow yes, I did or do go in fazes: I started drinking back in college way before most of you were born and I would drink barcardi cocktails, screwdrivers of bourbon and ginger ale. I have long outgrow any of those. There was a time when I love Daiquiris. then it was gin or vodka and tonic. From there martinis and of course always my wine, but I started by drinking on Chebli. Now I drink almost nothing but wine (red most f the time ) I do love a good martini and during the summer I will drink a vodka or gin and tonic once in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages