Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 02:25 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,994,275 times

Advertisements

Do any of you alcohol experts know what it is in the Tequila that may give some people an overly sense of well being?

I detest vodka; I get dehydrated after 1 drink.
Rum and whiskey make me very affectionate and if I am around family, I start with the (I love you man)
Beer is head filler. I feel it more in my head and wake up with more water retention (pudgy face) than when I drink tequila.

But tequila, I can drink up to 7 or 8 shots and the more I drink, the happier I get. I develop all types of energy and it really helps me tap deeper into my creativity with a greater sense of concentration while working with music- I enjoy the music so much better. It has a way of staying at surface level when I am active and concentrating. But when I am retiring and hitting the sac, it starts to deepen and swallow me in. I then wake up really stimuated (erotically). Caffeine has this effect as well- starbucks hits that spot.

Anyway, I know I sound crazy but I am really in tune to these types of things.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 02:09 PM

5,407 posts, read 5,285,067 times
I've noticed this too. Vodka makes me exceptionally dehydrated as well lol. Tequila seemed to not have nearly the depressant, slowing down, relaxed feeling that other alcohols had. And I could not sleep a wink if I had it in the evening, which was incredibly annoying and I would still feel tipsy the next morning, like it never wears off. I didn't like it for those reasons. Really there are multitudes of different things in an alcoholic beverage and ethonol is just one.

People do like combining caffeine and alcohol though, because it allows for a more active and mental, yet inebriated feeling. The two have areas where they amplify and cancel each others effect.

But it seems as of recent that all alcohol has lost it's charm for me. It just makes me really tired and slows down my breathing a lot and doesn't have any euphoria (it used to) and tastes grosser than it used to (I used to like the taste)... I don't know. I'm only 22 and was never really a drinker, but I've pretty much given up on it all together. And I don't care for caffeine at all either, as it makes me too anxious even at moderate doses and has no real benefits for me either. Marijuana lost it's little bit of charm that it had too... I don't know what happened.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,442,890 times
Tequila hurts my stomach. This is a recent development; I used to love margaritas and in my younger years, shots of tequila with lemon or lime and salt. But in the last year I have noticed when I drink it, I feel really bad. I do have GERD and I'm sure it's related to that, but I don't know why tequila does that to me more than any other alcohol, to the point that I won't even try to drink it anymore.

I did read that the congeners of dark alcohol are more likely to cause stomach pain. And I have noticed if I drink something like vodka I am fine. I am going to try a light tequila sometime and see if that makes a difference.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:37 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,085,839 times
I'm pretty sure tequila loves me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages