Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,539 times

Advertisements

Specifically, I am referencing Burnett's Hot Cinnamon Vodka and Goldschlager. Which would give you a worse hangover if you got drunk off them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,510 times
I would say Vodka as it contains more alcohol meaning that you would have absorbed more alcahol in the time for you to become intoxicated resulting in a more severe, longer lasting hangover when you awake.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:21 PM

483 posts, read 418,070 times
Vodka.
I like my inexpensive Smirnoff for mixing everything!!!

I dun do straight vodka..
Only bourbons n whiskeys.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
For inexpensive but not "cheap" vodka, try Pinnacle. It is distilled 5 times and they offer over 40 different flavors. I buy the plain and it may not be quite as cheap as Smirnoff but only a few dollars more and never a hangover for me anyway. The plain 1.75L is $16.99 plus tax where I buy it. Some of it comes in a plastic bottle but that is one of the reasons it is less $. The quality is very good.

https://www.pinnaclevodka.com/

Old 11-02-2016, 02:42 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Specifically, I am referencing Burnett's Hot Cinnamon Vodka and Goldschlager. Which would give you a worse hangover if you got drunk off them?

It depends on how much you drink of each one. The same amount of alcohol gives you the same hangover. If one has a higher proof rating than the other, well, that one has more alcohol per shot.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:40 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemoglobin667 View Post
I would say Vodka as it contains more alcohol meaning that you would have absorbed more alcahol in the time for you to become intoxicated resulting in a more severe, longer lasting hangover when you awake.

I have been drinking vodka since the time as a young man in the 70s that I visited Poland with my Polish girlfriend, who lived with me in London.
Prior to that I drank scotch, sometimes with dry ginger, sometimes straight.
In Poznań, Poland, scotch was expensive, around 3 times the price of a shot in London.
My girlfriend told me try the local stuff, vodka, which was way cheaper than scotch, can't remember prices, but let's say scotch was $3.00 a shot, vodka was 50c.
That was it, I've never looked back, it's been vodka all the way since then, occasionally with tonic, mostly straight, and my hand to God, I've never had a hangover.
I rarely drink beer, you could count on the fingers of two hands the number of beers I've drunk since around 1985, the temperature has to be up in the 90s for it to appeal to me.
So I've had one or two in Phoenix AZ, one or two in Brownsville TX, and the same in Tampa FL.
I like the occasional Canadian Club, or Crown Royal, sometimes Buffalo Trace bourbon but rarely more than one or two shots.
My German daughter-in-law tells me that Schnapps is a generic term in Germany for any shot of liquor.
In the north where she and my son live, it's usually Korn, (German for grain), which unsurprisingly is made from fermented barley or rye.
It is powerful stuff, not unlike Irish poteen, or moonshine, slug a shot and you feel like you've had molten lava.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages