Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,514,214 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this beer? I had it the other day it was pretty decent. After three of them i had a good buzz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM

414 posts, read 1,097,361 times
I actually really enjoy Platinum. It's nice and smooth like a light beer should be, but it really packs some oomph in the alcohol department. Those things can really sneak up on you. There's a tiny bit of fruit flavor or sweetness to the taste, but it's nice, not an overwhelming sweet like you get on something like Bud Light Lime.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:52 PM

509 posts, read 1,169,552 times
It is OK, but nothing to write home about. If looking to get a buzz while out in a bar, then perhaps a good choice b/c it will probably cost about the same as other beers, but has I think about 8% alcohol.

Three of them will do ya. Hell, I had one and noticed a q ueer feeling already.

q ueer as in strange, obviously, and not the other usage.

Last edited by hugepossum; 07-31-2012 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Ridiculous automated censorship

Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,493,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
If looking to get a buzz while out in a bar, then perhaps a good choice b/c it will probably cost about the same as other beers, but has I think about 8% alcohol.
Oh, so that's the appeal?* I really could not figure it out.

A neighbor offered me one on a hot afternoon, and I gladly took him up on the offer... until I took a big gulp, and immediately wondered what I had in my mouth. Yeee-gawds, that is the worst tasting beer I can remember.

And no, I don't just mean the usual "Light BudMillCoors all tastes like horse drainage," but it actually tasted bad to me. I could barely finish it, even out of politeness.

The experience was so weird to me that when I got back home I promptly opened a Sam Adams Noble Pils just to reassure myself that I hadn't somehow broken my taste buds.

I tried one another time, at a party, just to be sure I hadn't gotten ahold of one that had spoiled or something. Same results. It was awful. I didn't finish that one.

*Fact checking this, it turns out that Bud Light Platinum is actually 6% alcohol, Budweiser is 5%, and Bud Light is 4.2% . This article implies they came out with it because they were losing market share among younger drinkers to vodka. Bud Light Platinum, a 6 percenter designed to compete with . . . vodka? Aims for nightclub hip - 2012-Feb-01 - CultureMap Houston

Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,602,105 times
I tried Bud Light Platinum back in February (when I first saw it on grocery store shelves) And I think they really got it right with this one. Its a true light beer that packs a little punch a six pack isn't too expensive, around $7 after tax

I like it, its a great beer to have when you're relaxing at home or at a bbq or with friends.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:30 PM

414 posts, read 1,097,361 times
That's about right when it came out, Davie. It released shortly before the Super Bowl.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,214,074 times
i've had it a few times and i like it. i would never drink the regular bud light though

Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecda View Post
That's about right when it came out, Davie. It released shortly before the Super Bowl.
I had seen it on supermarket shelves around early February in Las Vegas, I didn't buy it until two weeks later when I moved to Orlando, FL and have been a fan since

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,429,576 times
Tastes like vomit too me, just another nasty Busch production. Right as it hits the back of the tongue it tastes really bad. I wouldnt take another one if it was offered to me. Good to pour over the bbq to steam is about all its good for.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Tastes like vomit too me, just another nasty Busch production. Right as it hits the back of the tongue it tastes really bad. I wouldnt take another one if it was offered to me. Good to pour over the bbq to steam is about all its good for.
Hell it could be worse, the OP could have asked about Busch Ice beer. You know? The one that comes in a 24 oz can? 5.9% Alcohol for $1.69 at 7-11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages