Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 11:54 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,669,565 times

Advertisements

I've seen quite a few Hillary stickers, same for Bernie. One Trump so far, and one Cruz.

So far my experience here has been that most folks are fairly open minded. I have clients who support Kasich, one was for Fiorina and hasn't decided who to switch to, a couple are for Hillary, one for Bernie, one leaning towards Trump but not totally sold (this one was originally for Rubio). So far no Cruz. We discuss the primary results and we all get along. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, OP. I think residents here get more worked up over candidates during elections for mayor and governor. Not in a bad way, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 4,964 times
Scorpiosunset
I have lived all over the US and abroad. I can honestly say New Mexico and especially Albuquerque are actually different from every where else. Which given the monoculture the US has developed is great. What people are saying is spot on. I've been here 4 years and only once has someone been rude to me! I'm a fairly far lefty, I am in an expensive area called High Desert and my neighbors are a mix of left and right. People are free to share their differences with respect. Thats the true purple.
I am looking to change neighborhoods in the next year as my house is not meeting my work live needs. So I have been looking at different areas going to open housesat. the big thing I do is walk my dog in neighborhoods I'm interested in in the evening and on a weekend day. People talk to you this way. Also go hang out in the local park. people will chat with you is you say I'm look at moving to this neighborhood. Except for Nob Hiil (which is pretty expensive) are a mix. Also I don't know what you mean by a large yard. The burbs here tend to be newer housing with smaller yards.
As far as schools the great schools numbers I have found to be deceiving. The reviews there are helpful but the ratings can be misleading. I have relocated with school age kids several times. For example Eisenhower middle was great new principle is wrecking it. Eldorado HS is going down the tubes but Manzano is on the rise. La Cueva is good but lots of entitled behavior.
We pulled out and r using private school for HS. The area around Nob hill, most upper middle class families use private HS at least, same in Los Ranchos and North Valley. The liberals use Sandia Prep, Bosque, and Catholic schools, Albuquerque Academy is very cut throat and more conservative. A lot of these schools offer discounted tuition for brite kids with lower incomes.
I have noticed the Berine Militia too. I was a little surprised by people "cruising" Central waiving signs yelling their window.
My friends and I just thinks its quirky

Old 10-31-2016, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 7,170 times
Flashy isn't a thing here. We are an anti-flashy town.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:56 PM

141 posts, read 224,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitlight View Post
Flashy isn't a thing here. We are an anti-flashy town.
We're not exactly Las Vegas, but I wouldn't go so far as to call us, "anti-flashy".
We have our fair share of "flash" here and no one seems to mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque