Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2023, 11:44 AM

192 posts, read 256,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
And I've lived here for 34 years, do you think I need someone to tell me what it's like after a one-day visit? I haven't been "shot, stabbed, or carjacked" all this time. Have you?

It's like a person who comes into your home and heads straight for the junk corner of your garage, and hangs out there, and then leaves and tells everyone that's what your home is like.

The old ladies I know don't seem fazed by "rough-looking" people and don't live in fear the way you seem to. You're worse than an old lady.

And how many bathrooms did this guy have to use at fast food joints? Must have an overactive bladder. What an odd thing to comment about. I've encountered locked bathrooms in high-traffic parts of the city but not in 95% of the city. Is this really something to be alarmed about? Sounds like he's really trying hard to find things to complain about. Get a life, dude.

Meanwhile, red states and counties send their homeless to blue cities, because this is where the services are. Municipalities in Texas and Oklahoma have been doing this for decades. I've volunteered extensively at a homeless agency downtown, and saw for myself. They're told they have no services for them there, asked if they'd like to go to Albuquerque where there are lots of services, so of course they say yes and are given a one-way ticket. Then red states point to the problems in blue cities which they helped create. How convenient!
Albuquerque has a crime problem that even the Mayor and Medina recognize, that is a fact.

All I want is for Albuquerque to improve instead of regress, and it is regressing over progressive policies. I want people to be able to walk down the street without being harassed by a mentally ill drug addled criminal. I want children to be able to play in parks without worrying about being stuck with a needle.

I'm good friends with a retired APD officer who worked in the 80' to 2000's and he can't believe how far the city has declined. For some odd reason you're OK with that and keep voting for more of it. Like I've said before, liberalism is a mental disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
By the way, if it's so bad here, what are you still doing here? I thought you'd have taken off for a right-wing utopia by now, like Mississippi, or Wyoming (which has the highest suicide rate). Life's too short to live someplace you're not happy. And I guess it's even shorter in a place like Wyoming.

You're actually one of my favorite types of people: conservatives who love to insult liberals, yet choose to live in a liberal city and state. The hypocrisy is too gorgeousl
I live in Albuquerque because I like the weather, the food, the people, and the culture. Not every part of the city is a shythole, many areas are very nice and safe, and when I moved here we had a Republican Governor and a Republican Mayor. TBH I don't care much for either political party or politicians in general but red run cities are safer while blue run cities get more dangerous because of catch and release policies, or plain just not enforcing the law.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, and you're the living, breathing proof of the accuracy of that statement. So keep voting the same way as businesses keep closing because of crime, stores keep adding armed security and locking up all of their items. That is the progressive utopia you dream of.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:25 AM

971 posts, read 533,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
Albuquerque has a crime problem that even the Mayor and Medina recognize, that is a fact.

All I want is for Albuquerque to improve instead of regress, and it is regressing over progressive policies. I want people to be able to walk down the street without being harassed by a mentally ill drug addled criminal. I want children to be able to play in parks without worrying about being stuck with a needle.

I'm good friends with a retired APD officer who worked in the 80' to 2000's and he can't believe how far the city has declined. For some odd reason you're OK with that and keep voting for more of it. Like I've said before, liberalism is a mental disorder.
I guess you weren't around in the 80's when the Reagan administration shut down all the federally funded public mental hospitals. It is a lot better than it was then. And I have never been accosted or harrassed by any one when I walk down any street, but then I don't hang out on Central so maybe you just need to change your neighborhood. Children play in the parks all the time without worrying about being stuck by a needle in all the neighborhoods away from downtown or Wyomiing and Constitution area.

I guess your cop friend didn't tell you the truth about the 90's. Sometimes crime is depenent on a corrupt police chief.

Old 11-24-2023, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
I guess you weren't around in the 80's when the Reagan administration shut down all the federally funded public mental hospitals. It is a lot better than it was then. And I have never been accosted or harrassed by any one when I walk down any street, but then I don't hang out on Central so maybe you just need to change your neighborhood. Children play in the parks all the time without worrying about being stuck by a needle in all the neighborhoods away from downtown or Wyomiing and Constitution area.

I guess your cop friend didn't tell you the truth about the 90's. Sometimes crime is depenent on a corrupt police chief.
Tell that to the people that used to enjoy Coronado Park before it turned into a den of homelessness and illicit drug use, to the point the Mayor closed it down for everyone.

Tell that to the victims as we smash yet another record for homicides. 132 and counting including 5 out of 6 years under Keller.

Tell that to the victims of crime as their attackers are released within hours, even though they don't belong in society.

Tell that to the families who are losing loved ones as fentanyl comes unabated through our open borders and cartels run parts of our city.

Tell that to the poorest people of this city as businesses shut down that they relied upon for cheaper food and prescriptions.

Tell that to the hard working mom and pops that have to close their business because crime is rampant and they can't afford to replace their vandalized properties on a daily basis.

When will it be enough?

Old 11-24-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post

Right on cue, do you remember this happening in the 90's? All of my friends that are native sure as hell don't. When you keep normalizing the problem it only grows.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/apd-i...coronado-mall/

Old 11-25-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Tell that to the people that used to enjoy Coronado Park before it turned into a den of homelessness and illicit drug use, to the point the Mayor closed it down for everyone.

Tell that to the victims as we smash yet another record for homicides. 132 and counting including 5 out of 6 years under Keller.

Tell that to the victims of crime as their attackers are released within hours, even though they don't belong in society.

Tell that to the families who are losing loved ones as fentanyl comes unabated through our open borders and cartels run parts of our city.

Tell that to the poorest people of this city as businesses shut down that they relied upon for cheaper food and prescriptions.

Tell that to the hard working mom and pops that have to close their business because crime is rampant and they can't afford to replace their vandalized properties on a daily basis.

When will it be enough?
Whose record for homicides? Only our own. Check other cities of similar size homicides rates and then tell me we have more crime than other cities across the nation.

You need to take your jaded glasses off, get away from Central avenue and look at the whole country to even get how much safer Albuquerque is than a lot of other cities.

Just stay away from the "war zone" and you will be fine. Albuquerque as a city is not more crime ridden than any other city and in every city there are neighborhoods that you should avoid if you are concerned about the things you listed.

Old 11-25-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Right on cue, do you remember this happening in the 90's? All of my friends that are native sure as hell don't. When you keep normalizing the problem it only grows.

I am not normalizing any problem, I am suggesting that your perspective is skewed and you need to get some sunshine on your brain, actually move out of the war zone and get a grip.

Old 11-25-2023, 04:33 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,401,352 times
Quote:

Thanks to Republicans and the NRA for making sure that every budding psychopath and Angry Young Man has access to as many guns as they want. That's who's normalizing this. That's the real "mental disorder" killing Americans.

Note that in yesterday's incident, nobody was hurt.

Your friends have a selective memory and don't remember the Hollywood Video shootings in 1996 then:

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
A video rental shop in Albuquerque became the site of a tragedy in 1996, when armed robbers shot and killed three people working inside Hollywood Video on San Mateo Boulevard.

The next day, the bodies of one of the victim's grandparents were found in the East Mountains. They had gone to pick up their grandson at work and were instead driven into the mountains and shot."

Old 11-25-2023, 04:52 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,401,352 times
Quote:
I live in Albuquerque because I like the weather, the food, the people, and the culture. Not every part of the city is a shythole, many areas are very nice and safe, and when I moved here we had a Republican Governor and a Republican Mayor. TBH I don't care much for either political party or politicians in general but red run cities are safer while blue run cities get more dangerous because of catch and release policies, or plain just not enforcing the law.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, and you're the living, breathing proof of the accuracy of that statement. So keep voting the same way as businesses keep closing because of crime, stores keep adding armed security and locking up all of their items. That is the progressive utopia you dream of.
And you choose to live here, in a place run by people you brand as having a "mental disorder." I love it!

Old 11-25-2023, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks to Republicans and the NRA for making sure that every budding psychopath and Angry Young Man has access to as many guns as they want. That's who's normalizing this. That's the real "mental disorder" killing Americans.

Note that in yesterday's incident, nobody was hurt.

Your friends have a selective memory and don't remember the Hollywood Video shootings in 1996 then:

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
A video rental shop in Albuquerque became the site of a tragedy in 1996, when armed robbers shot and killed three people working inside Hollywood Video on San Mateo Boulevard.

The next day, the bodies of one of the victim's grandparents were found in the East Mountains. They had gone to pick up their grandson at work and were instead driven into the mountains and shot."
I'm glad you spent days looking for one article when this is happening in our city every single day.
https://twitter.com/ABQJournal/statu...10835780489721

Your words "Note that in yesterdays incident, nobody was hurt". You're normalizing a criminal opening fire in a mall, yet you're against anybody owning a firearm or carrying one.

You can't take both stances, so which is it?

A) Teen fires illegally obtained firearm in the largest shopping mall in ABQ....he didn't hit anyone and I'm OK with that.

B) People that have stringent background checks and ongoing training should never be able to carry a firearm concealed even though they are licensed by the state.

I'll never stop calling out your hypocrisy and your mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque