Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORedneckWoman View Post
but it really bothers me when people try to say that things are not what so many say they are.
LOL....Yeah like St.Louis is #3 in the nation for crime (FBI 2005 stats) and Kansas City is #6 (FBI crime stats) so make sure you tell us all that too. Even Wikipedia states that East St.Louis is the murder capitol surpassing Gary Indiana and New Orleans.
United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes illegals are in Las Cruces as its only 40 miles from Mexico but don't you ever watch Lou Dobbs on CNN as he shows they are everwhere including Missouri. Don't blame NM but instead blame the Feds.

Again Richardson is NOT a racist and thats coming from someone who doesn't like him as i have stated on here before im voting for Sheriff Darren White a Republican or Rick Holmans a Republican for the next NM gov. Richardson is half white, is married to a white, half his cabinet is white and so on....but he is a Panderer and phony like all the other Politicos out there as most are phony on both sides.

So again look at crime ridden Missouri and its cities before ranting and raving about us.

On a positive note about Missouri....It is the last home of Laura Ingalls Wilder (noted author) as i still dig that show after all these years about her adventures on the prairies......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,291,276 times
Illegals are taking jobs other than what you stated harry. They are doing electrial,plumbing,operating equipment,doing apartment maintenance etc. etc.

Quite a long way from picking chile and doing labor work don't you think?

NM is a sanctuary state. Have you been listening to kkob the last couple of days. They are even getting free educations at UNM.

Hell in Santa Fe what are they paying for min wage?

I was confronted by an illegal up north a while back that demanded that my coworker and myself speak spanish to him. We do have ICE on speed dial but they hardly ever act on tips. Traveling all over the state we provide them with many leads.

The feds really need to cut off all funding including social programs and road funds to all states that provide sanctuary to illegal crimanals.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM

354 posts, read 325,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer View Post
Well said MOredneckwoman. I think a lot of what you have said is true but
I also agree with a lot of what the others are saying as well. I also think
that LLD has it right about almost all mid to large metro areas have their
problems. I think one should look at it city by city and see how they stack up. What I see missing here in new mexico is a good supply of hi tech corporate employers. I know Albuquerque is forging ahead with some nice
newer companies but most of the other cities or towns have not. Santa Fe
is all about tourism for the most part and Las Cruces is mostly about retired
people and some high tech at White Sands. Most of the other towns here in
new mexico are pretty much poverty stricken. I was in Socorro today and if
it wasn't for the tech college there I'm not sure how it's economy would survive. I could be wrong but I think a lot more mid to high paying jobs
could help this state a lot. Maybe the spaceport will help the southern part
of the state where I live but many here think it will be a bust. I guess time
will tell.
I so totally agree with you. Very well said.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
LOL....Yeah like St.Louis is #3 in the nation for crime (FBI 2005 stats) and Kansas City is #6 (FBI crime stats) so make sure you tell us all that too. Even Wikipedia states that East St.Louis is the murder capitol surpassing Gary Indiana and New Orleans.
United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes illegals are in Las Cruces as its only 40 miles from Mexico but don't you ever watch Lou Dobbs on CNN as he shows they are everwhere including Missouri. Don't blame NM but instead blame the Feds.

Again Richardson is NOT a racist and thats coming from someone who doesn't like him as i have stated on here before im voting for Sheriff Darren White a Republican or Rick Holmans a Republican for the next NM gov. Richardson is half white, is married to a white, half his cabinet is white and so on....but he is a Panderer and phony like all the other Politicos out there as most are phony on both sides.

So again look at crime ridden Missouri and its cities before ranting and raving about us.

On a positive note about Missouri....It is the last home of Laura Ingalls Wilder (noted author) as i still dig that show after all these years about her adventures on the prairies......

Number one, East St. Louis is Illinois. Please try to keep your facts straight.

St. Louis and Kansas City do have lots of crime and I would never live in either of those cities, but then I don't like large cities. Guess what? There happens to be racism in Missouri also and I know racism and ABQ and NM has it all over.

I did not start this thread and I have ranted or raved. I have told the truth and that seems to be what bother so many of you. I, at least, can admit the facts about Missouri, unlike many of you who seem to think that NM is some sort of special state.

The illegal problem is indeed all over the country but there a few places that they will never be in Missouri. That I can guarantee you. I never blamed NM about the illegal problem. I blamed the fact that Richardson never had any intention of stopping the flow. This I know because he even told me such, in so many words. And you can take Bush and think of him as the first Mexican President, much like Clinton was considered the first Black President, except that Bush is not as smart as Clinton, though they both have shown their utter disregard for the people of the country as a whole.

I do like Richardson in many things but he is indeed RACIST and he has proven it over and over again since starting his bid for Vivce President. Let's be truthful here, we all know he knows he has no chance of being Presidnet and is running for Vice President. I know Richardson quite well and know who he is married to and I kn ow much more about him than you think I do. I know him personally but hey, you want to believe that he would not treat a Hispanic person special over an Anglo, then be my guest to live in never, never land.

I do not think highly of anyone in either party since they are all panderers and really are only out for power and money. It is time for a third party in this country. Both parties in this country are two sides of the same coin.

BTW, no matter how you might hate other states, that does not take away the bad that this state does have and you ranting and raving about the bad in other states does not make what myself and others have said wrong.

Thank you for the discussion. It has been in formative and I was actually glad to see so many others that felt as I did about this state.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
Illegals are taking jobs other than what you stated harry. They are doing electrial,plumbing,operating equipment,doing apartment maintenance etc. etc.

Quite a long way from picking chile and doing labor work don't you think?

NM is a sanctuary state. Have you been listening to kkob the last couple of days. They are even getting free educations at UNM.
Yes .....and i've been watching Lou Dobbs for the last Year and a half (have you) and they Are EVERYWHERE and not just here as the poster implied.....Communities out side of Dallas and in other midwest cities are banning them from renting apts etc...and people in Atlanta and Orlando are fuming about them. There're in North and South Carolina and Tennesee too. Haven't you seen the news here where the Border Patrol finds 30 packed in van on I-40 heading east to god knows where ....yb...

Anyway this started out as someone saying that crime is rampant in every corner of our state so don't come here......True ....crime is bad here but make sure you state its bad also where your at to be fair at least.....

I've been ripped before by certain ABQ posters for calling ABQ ''Gangstaquerque'' but even i can't defend a #3 and #6 FBI crime ranking on her behalf....

Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,030,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post

The feds really need to cut off all funding including social programs and road funds to all states that provide sanctuary to illegal crimanals.
Amen, _yb

I agree with you 100%.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Yes .....and i've been watching Lou Dobbs for the last Year and a half (have you) and they Are EVERYWHERE and not just here as the poster implied.....Communities out side of Dallas and in other midwest cities are banning them from renting apts etc...and people in Atlanta and Orlando are fuming about them. There're in North and South Carolina and Tennesee too. Haven't you seen the news here where the Borfer Patrol finds 30 packed in van on I-40 heading east to god knows where ....yb...

Anyway this started out as someone saying that crime is rampant in every corner of our state so don't come here......True ....crime is bad here but make sure you state its bad also where your at to be fair at least.....

I've been ripped before by certain ABQ posters for calling ABQ ''Gangstaquerque'' but even i can't defend a #3 and #6 FBI crime ranking on her behalf....
I never once implied that the illegals were only in this state and if that is what you thought then you need to go back to the sad public schools in the state.

Please get your facts straight about what I posted before you post a mistatement about what I posted.

This state is a sanctuary state though and that is well known.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORedneckWoman View Post

The illegal problem is indeed all over the country but there a few places that they will never be in Missouri. That I can guarantee you.
LOL...Not much longer !!!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Amen, _yb

I agree with you 100%.
I so totally agree with the both of you.

Could you even think what would happen to this state if the federal funds were cut off since so few in this state actually pay taxes. By that I mean, this state takes more federal funds than what is paid in by the taxes of the people who live in this state.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Nope harr-o, I guarantee it. The reason? Because of out and out racism and I have seen it already. There are a few areas they are being kept out of.

But hey, not too much different in certain places of this state, only revers the racism. Not a big deal and why we moved away.

There is some bad times in the future of this country and it is not going to be pretty. Remember the War for Southern Independence? This one I am afraid will be much worse and so very sad for our once great nation.

Last edited by LLD; 07-18-2007 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: edited out personal commentary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque