Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times

Advertisements

We went to Chili's to see if it still sucks. I have to say that it does. All of our food, with the exception of my halibut chunks, was ice cold. My blackberry ice tea had no flavor at all. We watched a family with children eat at a table across from us. The kids & parents were absolute pigs. The table was a mess on the top, seats & underneath. There were two servers cleaning up the mess & neither of them cleaned underneath the table.

My recommendation would be to pass on this magical dining experience & go somewhere where the staff give a damn about the patrons. Without a doubt this is the worst Chili's that my wife & I have ever ate at. 2 thumbs down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
We went to Chili's to see if it still sucks. I have to say that it does. All of our food, with the exception of my halibut chunks, was ice cold..
Really? Your Halibut was warm? They must have charged you extra for that!

Last time I had their "Alaskan" Halibut here in Anchorage, it was half rancid. Maybe caught up here, but then shipped to Seattle and on to Texas or where ever they call home for reprocessing and distribution. That fish probably spent more time in an airplane than an Alaska Air MVP Gold member!

I do have to admit I do like the burgers here at the Anchorage location. Maybe the service in Wasilla is bad because the staff is still new? But the music is always way too loud, and you're right, some of the other patrons can be a little uncouth.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
We went to Chili's to see if it still sucks. I have to say that it does. All of our food, with the exception of my halibut chunks, was ice cold. My blackberry ice tea had no flavor at all. We watched a family with children eat at a table across from us. The kids & parents were absolute pigs. The table was a mess on the top, seats & underneath. There were two servers cleaning up the mess & neither of them cleaned underneath the table.

My recommendation would be to pass on this magical dining experience & go somewhere where the staff give a damn about the patrons. Without a doubt this is the worst Chili's that my wife & I have ever ate at. 2 thumbs down.
We've gotten their ribs a couple of times and a philly cheese steak. Philly cheese steak was one greasy mess. When they first opened and we got the ribs they were good. But last couple times after that they were not! Yeah, we now pass on Chili's.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 AM

734 posts, read 2,617,866 times
Chili's has never impressed me, anywhere.

The one redeeming thing they have/had is the asian glazed boneless wings with the wasabi dipping sauce...only thing.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,417,093 times
Atleast Carls Jr is good out there

Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I think I'll have king salmon crepes for dinner tonight.

What the hell is Chili's or do I really want to know?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:41 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think I'll have king salmon crepes for dinner tonight.

What the hell is Chili's or do I really want to know?
Chili's is like Applebees or such. Now I would really like you to send me the recipe for the salmon crepes - need good tried and true fish recipes..Lance gave a great one for the halibut bites and were super - Would like to try the crepes...Please, pretty please??

Old 08-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Chili's is like Applebees or such.
Barf. No wonder I've never heard of it.

I'll figure it out and private message it to you; sometime tomorrow probably. I don't use a recipe for this.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:54 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Barf. No wonder I've never heard of it.

I'll figure it out and private message it to you; sometime tomorrow probably. I don't use a recipe for this.
is a -48 idea of food once again....I rarely use recipe either, but would love if you could give me an idea..

Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Well, first you have to make the crepes. Not so tough. Flour, eggs, milk, butter, a little kosher salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska